iPhone and Palm Medical references

comalone

Jun 2, 2008
Like the Windows platform but most of my Medical References are on Palm Treo. Could there be a way to migrate to Windows. Would like to use an iPhone.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Like the Windows platform but most of my Medical References are on Palm Treo. Could there be a way to migrate to Windows. Would like to use an iPhone.
Good luck!

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Could you expand on what you are mean by your medical references? There are iPhone tailored versions of programs that are web based that might meet your needs. Epocrates does have a version on the iPhone if this is the type of medical reference you need, beyond that you will have to wait and see what comes out with the software revision this June and associated software we can download. There may be some database reading software that will come about that could read files you have, assuming Apple makes it so you can move them there. So there is hope, just what you need might not be available at this very moment.

Bpos

Aug 19, 2008
North Carolina
I switched from a Palm Treo 650 to the iPhone 3g a few weeks ago. I use the free version of Epocrates for the iPhone 3g daily. But, I have had no luck finding any other useful general disease references(ie; 5min clinical consult, up2date, Pepid, etc.) that are devise based NOT web based. I used Epocrates Suite on the Treo which was a bundle of useful software, but it's not available for iPhone currently. Anyone find anything yet or hear of anything on the horizon? Thx

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Check Skyscape.com. Most of their products are now available for the iPhone, although not any cheaper :( than they were for the Treo.

Bpos

Aug 19, 2008
North Carolina
I have checked out Skyscape and Unbound medicine web pages, but the way I interpreted the software description was that it is only web based currently not device based. Really only interested in device based applications. Thx

urakai

Aug 29, 2008
I have checked out Skyscape and Unbound medicine web pages, but the way I interpreted the software description was that it is only web based currently not device based. Really only interested in device based applications. Thx
You are right, I checked that as I also bought an iPhone and wanted to switch from Palm OS, unfortunately that's not gonna happen any time soon :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Bpos

Aug 19, 2008
North Carolina
Has anyone heard any rumors about release dates for a disease reference database, ie, 5 min clinical consult, or ePocrates bundled software? Thx