iPhone and PALM software

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
Only if you sync it out to another compatible address book on your PC (and not the Palm Desktop) and then sync it to the iPhone.

gurvy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
compatibility of palm software

That would be a pleasant surprise, but I doubt it.
will the phone be able to run the same applications that usually run on the Palm OS system? I have applications that are only Palm OS or Pocket PC compatible. Anyone heard anything?

datsawman

Jan 18, 2008
Palm applications

Only if you sync it out to another compatible address book on your PC (and not the Palm Desktop) and then sync it to the iPhone.
I have been a holdout but finally purchased an iPhone yesterday. It's very Apple and very cool but I do miss a couple of Palm features.

I really miss the "find" button that is part of Palm devices and is similar to the "Spotlight" button on the new Mac. Is there a like application for the iPhone?

I also categorize my palm "memos" in groups like music, computer, books, etc. My synchronization did not import Palm memos and I can't see that iPhone notes can be organized in groups.

If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it.

Thanks

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I have been a holdout but finally purchased an iPhone yesterday. It's very Apple and very cool but I do miss a couple of Palm features.

I really miss the "find" button that is part of Palm devices and is similar to the "Spotlight" button on the new Mac. Is there a like application for the iPhone?

I also categorize my palm "memos" in groups like music, computer, books, etc. My synchronization did not import Palm memos and I can't see that iPhone notes can be organized in groups.

If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it.

Thanks

If you jailbreak a 1.1.2 phone you can do that with finder.