iPhone and Palmpilot

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
You wouldn't sync between the two devices. You'll want to check what you can sync from your computer to your iPhone.

What program are all your contacts in? What operating system are you working on? Mac/PC?

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Your two devices stay in sync by syncing them both to the same computer. I kept my phone, iPod, and computer in sync this way. Just think of the computer as the central device that has all of your info.

netshadow

Bronze
Apr 21, 2007
Upstate NY
only one

Your two devices stay in sync by syncing them both to the same computer. I kept my phone, iPod, and computer in sync this way. Just think of the computer as the central device that has all of your info.
It would be my hope that I would not need my Palm Tx after getting the iPhone. Then I would sync all calendar events and contacts through the Mac/pc. I am hoping to only carry the one device.
:eek:

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
It would be my hope that I would not need my Palm Tx after getting the iPhone. Then I would sync all calendar events and contacts through the Mac/pc. I am hoping to only carry the one device.
:eek:
Then you'll be able to do one last sync from your Palm to your computer, then sync it all up to your iPhone from your computer. :)

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
The problem may come if you kept all your calendar and contacts information only in your Palm Desktop. Then you'd have to do a sync between the Apple's programs and the Palm Desktop. Which I have done before but a long time ago. Not sure how to do it anymore.

Summi

Jun 14, 2007
Palmdesktop & iPhone

You wouldn't sync between the two devices. You'll want to check what you can sync from your computer to your iPhone.

What program are all your contacts in? What operating system are you working on? Mac/PC?

My problem is that I work with Palmdesktop and my problem is to bring all my data (only one time), appointments ad addresses (more than 500) from Palmdesktop, without loosing information's on the iPhone.
I work with a Mac at home with Tiger and with a PC at work with Windows XP. On the two systems I have installed the Palmdesktop.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
My problem is that I work with Palmdesktop and my problem is to bring all my data (only one time), appointments ad addresses (more than 500) from Palmdesktop, without loosing information's on the iPhone.
I work with a Mac at home with Tiger and with a PC at work with Windows XP. On the two systems I have installed the Palmdesktop.
If you have all your data in Outlook or Outlook Express on the XP machine, you should be okay. I can't remember the mac program right off that will sync on the mac side.