iPhone and Pioneer

jmqrsq

Nov 22, 2007
MIchigan
Hi not sure if this is the right place in the forums to post this, but has anyone used the iPhone with the Pioneer DEH-P7900BT car radio yet? IT has Bluetooth and ipod connections and I was wondering if anyone knows if it works or not with the iPhone. thanks in advance.....

Jaysyn

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
Hi not sure if this is the right place in the forums to post this, but has anyone used the iPhone with the Pioneer DEH-P7900BT car radio yet? IT has Bluetooth and ipod connections and I was wondering if anyone knows if it works or not with the iPhone. thanks in advance.....
I had the DEH-P980BT and the iPhone worked with it. I had to buy the adapter for the line input that also charged the phone, and had many "This accessory is not made to work with iPhone" messages, but it always worked as a hands-free device. It only played music back through the cabled connection, no A2DP over Bluetooth.

jmqrsq

Nov 22, 2007
MIchigan
I had the DEH-P980BT and the iPhone worked with it. I had to buy the adapter for the line input that also charged the phone, and had many "This accessory is not made to work with iPhone" messages, but it always worked as a hands-free device. It only played music back through the cabled connection, no A2DP over Bluetooth.
I was pretty sure the Bluetooth music streaming wouldn't work. I am getting the cable to plug in the iPhone. I was just wondering if the deck mutes the music and the phone jumps to phone mode when an incoming call comes in while listening to the iPhone through the cable and through the deck. Also can you download your phone book to it? Thanks for your help so far!

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
Yes, the receiver mutes upon an incoming call even if listening to music over the cable. You can also download your phone book to it, but it is one entry at a time (no bulk loads.)

The other reason I mentioned there was no A2DP was that my previous Samsung Blackjack DID play back music over bluetooth with A2DP. Some phones support it, but the iPhone doesn't.

jmqrsq

Nov 22, 2007
MIchigan
Yes, the receiver mutes upon an incoming call even if listening to music over the cable. You can also download your phone book to it, but it is one entry at a time (no bulk loads.)

The other reason I mentioned there was no A2DP was that my previous Samsung Blackjack DID play back music over bluetooth with A2DP. Some phones support it, but the iPhone doesn't.
Sorry to be a bother, but how do you do the one at a time number download? i have looked all in my iPhone but I see no where where I can "send contact with Bluetooth" or anything.

jmqrsq

Nov 22, 2007
MIchigan
the DEH-P7900BT is great except that I can only skip ahead or back folders, not tracks and it says "error A0" on the head units display. Did you have that issue as well? or anyone lese for that matter?

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
I did not have any errors like that on the 980BT. I could jump ahead by song or artist or album, depending on what was selected on the 980BT.

In order to download the phonebook, I had to use the 980BT menu to go to the phonebook menu and then import the number from my contact list manually. I can't remember the steps, as it has been about 3 months since I sold the Jeep with the 980BT in it. I do believe the instructions were in the manual and the transfer had to be initiated from the head unit.

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
i have both 7900 and iPhone and i would like to jump in here and offer that the phone part works great but the ipod controls are locked up. there has to be a work around for this..

00vdub

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I know this is an old thread but I thought that I would bring it back to life because I am having a similar problem with my Pioneer 6900UB with Pioneer Bluetooth adapter. My iPhone won't stay paired. Everytime I get in my car I have to unpair and then re-pair. Any suggestions?

Foxnolds

Oct 12, 2008
Success with Pioneer P65BT and iPhone 3G

I just bought a Pioneer DEH-P65BT and I had Pairing issues with my iPhone 3G yet my Sony TMR-B9iP A2DP transmitter would instantly pair without any intervention.

I managed to solve the iPhone 3G problem by Registering Phone to a Blank "NO DATA" slot of P2 or P3, NOT P1 which is manual only. :mad:
Go TELEPHONE -> FUNCTION -> Press Center -> Rotate to SET PHONE -> Push UP or DOWN for "P2 NO DATA" -> Press Center for "REG COMPLETED". :)

With Pioneer TELEPHONE FUNCTION "AUTO CONNECT: ON" my iPhone 3G always connects to my Pioneer Deck as soon as it has power and my iPhone is in Bluetooth range. I soon see my Signal strength and Battery level show on Ignition On or Accessory Power on, even if the Pioneer Deck is set for Tuner Audio Source etc! :cool:
If the Pioneer was last left in BT AUDIO mode and I have my Sony TMR-BT8iP adapter in, the iPhone 3G releases Pause and plays current Podcast or Song - whatever mode the iPhone itself, was last left in.
From the Pioneer Deck or Remote, I can choose Next Song, Previous Song etc using the MULTI-Control Right or Left nudges.

I also found the Kensington 4-IN-1 iPod 12v adapter excellent as the USB iPod cable is a piggy-back pass-through that allows me to Connect the Sony TMR-BT8iP A2DP adapter into the charging cable at the same time. I can the charge my iPhone 3G and also transmit Bluetooth A2DP to the Pioneer Deck on longer trips. Note, the Kensington 4-IN-1 12v Charger cable works with iTunes (v8.0.1 at least) doing all the normal Sync stuff as well - Not just power-charging via USB! :cool:

I have yet to import my Phone Book over Bluetooth. Every time I try, my Bluetooth connection drops...:(

lewie325

Nov 5, 2008
Pioneer 6900UB with iPhone 3G

I know this is an old thread but I thought that I would bring it back to life because I am having a similar problem with my Pioneer 6900UB with Pioneer Bluetooth adapter. My iPhone won't stay paired. Everytime I get in my car I have to unpair and then re-pair. Any suggestions?
I have the same Pioneer 6900UB but did not get the Bluetooth adapter. I want to run my iPhone through the Pioneer deck but when I plug it into the USB it only serves as a USB charger. Is there a way of making it so the iPhone will play through the deck as my iPod Video already does?