iPhone and T-Mobile Us Style

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

madgadjt

May 21, 2007
"According to an article on Marketing Week the larget mobile networks in Europe such as Vodafone, Orange and Telefonica have been trying to obtain the rights to the iPhone, but T-Mobile has emerged as the frontrunner.
It is thought that the company has narrowed the European shortlist to Vodafone and T-Mobile but sources say the Deutsche Telekom-owned brand is the favourite to land the deal.
Now just a little tip... we T-Mobile users here in the US know how thats gonna work in our favor should we be interested in the iPhone... unless things decide to change. Its just like the Nokia 7210 that was released by T-Mobile UK and not T-Mobile US. Some of us here (ahem, I won't mention any names) had one which was totally usable on the T-Mobile US network... need I say more?"

so MY-Favs on the iPhone? maybe 3g since its so popular over there? I wonder if by the time they have it, the bugs will be worked out from the us version..

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
"According to an article on Marketing Week the larget mobile networks in Europe such as Vodafone, Orange and Telefonica have been trying to obtain the rights to the iPhone, but T-Mobile has emerged as the frontrunner.
It is thought that the company has narrowed the European shortlist to Vodafone and T-Mobile but sources say the Deutsche Telekom-owned brand is the favourite to land the deal.
Now just a little tip... we T-Mobile users here in the US know how thats gonna work in our favor should we be interested in the iPhone... unless things decide to change. Its just like the Nokia 7210 that was released by T-Mobile UK and not T-Mobile US. Some of us here (ahem, I won't mention any names) had one which was totally usable on the T-Mobile US network... need I say more?"

so MY-Favs on the iPhone? maybe 3g since its so popular over there? I wonder if by the time they have it, the bugs will be worked out from the us version..
Good luck with that, but it has been posted on this forum that T-Mobile is not the big player in the European market. Most people are pretty disappointed with the T-Mobile news. I hope it works out for you though.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
That is an interesting prospect! A back door for Apple into more customer's hands in the US.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Doubt it. Can that be done US sim cards into non us phones?
The European T-Mobile flex would have different settings from an American T-Mobile flex. It might come up, but MMS, Internet access, and email settings would be all messed up. They'd probably have to find some way to flash the American settings to the phone for it to work completely. I don't see Apple letting that happen because it would endanger the sweet exclusivity deal they have with At&t.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Im also sure they were paid already :) AND on top of that it isn't APPLE whos making it compatible with other US companies.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Im also sure they were paid already :) AND on top of that it isn't APPLE whos making it compatible with other US companies.
I'm just saying that Apple won't build it where all someone has to do is change the sim card to use a European T-Mobile flex in the US. You can't do that with other phones, so I don't think you'll be able to do it with this one.