iPhone and text messaging

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Toranz82

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Florida
Man, does anybody know how well the text messaging or the typing will be for the iPhone? Im Kinda afraid it might not work as well as they say.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Man, does anybody know how well the text messaging or the typing will be for the iPhone? Im Kinda afraid it might not work as well as they say.
I don't think anyone here actually knows unless one of the At&t members here has already seen and used one.

If I were you, I would look for a post from Attingular and ProductProFresno. I think they're both going through iPhone training. I don't know how soon they'll actually get to use one though because I heard they won't actually get the phones in the stores until the week of 25th.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
As the others said, very very few people here have actually touched an iPhone. What I can say though is that most of the hands on articles that were written after the keynote by those lucky enough to use an iPhone, were very positive about the keyboard.

I think you will have to wait another 19 days 22 hours and 43 minutes to know for sure though ;).

Toranz82

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Florida
9 days :rolleyes:? There have been 151 since the keynote. For me, they have not flown by (far from it) ;). At least the end is in sight.
lol yep its been awhile since the keynote...lol i was surprised when i told people after the keynote and everyone was like WAT?!

Jun 5, 2007
Text messaging sucks...they should do away w/ text messaging. Why text messaging when you can do IM or email. See the only reason text messaging exist is because in the beginning, no cellphones can have access to Wi-FI! But now that THEY DO, text messaging should be abandoned in favor of IM or email. The only reason text messaging still exist today is because they want to charge people for data plan. Well, they ain't gettin my money because with wi-fi, data plan adoption should be obsolete.

Toranz82

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Florida
Text messaging sucks...they should do away w/ text messaging. Why text messaging when you can do IM or email. See the only reason text messaging exist is because in the beginning, no cellphones can have access to Wi-FI! But now that THEY DO, text messaging should be abandoned in favor of IM or email. The only reason text messaging still exist today is because they want to charge people for data plan. Well, they ain't gettin my money because with wi-fi, data plan adoption should be obsolete.
i don't think there is any IM on the iPhone? im not sure, plus text messaging is great because nobody is ever on AIM all the time

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
yes i was kinda surprised by that but it doesn't really bother me that much because i don't use that very much at all really
I do on my computer and might on a phone with an unlimited data plan, but I tend to favor Windows Live Messenger (MSN) and I doubt it would ever be available on an Apple product anyway.

Toranz82

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Florida
I do on my computer and might on a phone with an unlimited data plan, but I tend to favor Windows Live Messenger (MSN) and I doubt it would ever be available on an Apple product anyway.
lol yes probably not...u have Messenger live on your mac? didn't know u could...but yes i see wat u mean i would prob use the aim on it a lot too if i had a required unlimited data plan.