iPhone and treo

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Khris

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I had a Treo 680 before I moved to an HTC TyTN which I use in combination with my iPhone.

Palm really has fallen by the wayside and I don't see anything really positive on their horizon.

carson

Oct 26, 2007
I had a treo and liked it. The biggest drawback was having to reset every day or crashing on you. The other reason I went with iPhone is to carry one device instead of Treo and Ipod. I do not use my treo anymore.

kellybelly

Aug 13, 2007
Chicago-ish, IL
I used a Treo 650 before I moved to the iPhone, but I haven't used it since the day I switched.

I'm keeping it around though -- I have TomTom installed on it and want it handy for when I travel and need to use the GPS navigation, and also for Geocaching.

Freya

Nov 9, 2007
If you have an iPhone, why do you need treo?

All palm devices are rubbish, IMO. They hang, they reset for no reason.

iPhone is much better.

scott99

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Great Neck, NYC
If you have an iPhone, why do you need treo?

All palm devices are rubbish, IMO. They hang, they reset for no reason.

iPhone is much better.
I had a Treo 700p, and I don't think it was rubbish, I felt it was a wonderful phone. I know people had many problems with that model, but I really didn't download that much stuff to it, so I had no problems. That being said, I like the iPhone way more. It does everything I need, songs, video, youtube, email, internet......and a phone. I may have drank the Koolaid, but I love my iPhone.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
The Treo is a great device. Unfortunately, Palm has suffered due to their lack of innovation. There are some great third party apps and the QWERTY on the Treo is one of the best. It seems as if they are in the right lane of a 4-5 lane highway and other manufacturers keep passing them by. Apple, BlackBerry, Motorola. They all found niches, price points or features that made Treo owners wonder, "What's going on with Palm?"

It's been said a million times, but a thinner device coupled with a new Palm OS built on Linux is sorely needed. If they are indeed waiting until 2009, than it doesn't appear very good for them. The next year could see iPhone 2, Android devices, new Touch based Moto Q's and BlackBerry is putting more and more emphasis on consumer centric smartphones.