iPhone and voicemail

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

warren172

Jul 1, 2007
Question: On the iPhone during peek hours and a voicemail is left, The iPhone links it somehow to where you can listen to your voicemail right from your phone without dialing out. Does this cost on your peek min or is there no charge.

Seems the iPhone downloads the voicemail if you like it or not but does it cost you on min during the day when this happens? This should be a big concern if you are charged your mins. Someone can leave 20 voicemails during peek hours and your phone will download them taking your mins with it.

Does anyone have any answers to this question?

Thank You! - New iPhone Owner:laugh2:

vvpprr

Jun 29, 2007
Since you are playong back on Data, there should be no deduction from your minutes. Put your phone in airplane mode and you will still be able to play back your voice mail Data.

spazzman90

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I don't think it would be a such a huge concern, unless you religiously only check your voicemail offpeak (who does that?)

Anyways, we seem to have conflicting answers across the web. I suppose we will only find out the true answer when our next statement arrives. I'm sure plenty will be keeping their eyes open.

-Jeff

veedubcos

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I don't think it would be a such a huge concern, unless you religiously only check your voicemail offpeak (who does that?)

Anyways, we seem to have conflicting answers across the web. I suppose we will only find out the true answer when our next statement arrives. I'm sure plenty will be keeping their eyes open.

-Jeff

Visual Voicemail is included in the any of the minute packages and is at no extra cost.

warren172

Jul 1, 2007
Voice mail

this would be a plus for the on the go businesss users like myself whom need to check there voicemail constantly during businesss hours:laugh2: 9-5.

S

Starry

Wouldn't it be groovy if we could have more than one VM Outgoing Message where you can select WHICH message you want played for the day...

Vacation-
Meeting-
Having Monkey Sex -
Whatever... you can choose the VM outgoing Recording you want...

Now.. SOMEONE tell me we have this feature :)
Please!

Jan 16, 2008
Louisiana
Having monkey sex? Now that would be an interesting message :p

But yes, I do agree that would be a nice feature.

Wouldn't it be groovy if we could have more than one VM Outgoing Message where you can select WHICH message you want played for the day...

Vacation-
Meeting-
Having Monkey Sex -
Whatever... you can choose the VM outgoing Recording you want...

Now.. SOMEONE tell me we have this feature :)
Please!

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
it would be nice but its not as important as someother features would be like flash or copy and paste. But why not just change when your in the mood for monkey sex lol.

goldaxe

Oct 24, 2010
Middle of the world
Hi guys,

I have a jailbroken and unlocked 4.0.1 iPhone 4 that says voicemail unavailable unable to Connect, try again later, is there a fix for this?

The iPhone was acquired in Apple store in USA for AT&T network and I am using in Ecuador..

I was looking for a fix in the web for this but I can't get any solution yet..

Any comment will be appreciated...

thanks

JamesMB

Bronze
Dec 14, 2008
If your carrier doesn't support the iPhone voicemail, you can set up the voicemail number in your contacts, and just call it like you would with any other phone.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

goldaxe

Oct 24, 2010
Middle of the world
Thanks friends for your answers, my carrier support visual voicemail, because I had a 3G iPhone in the same carrier with vvm and no problem...

I see the problem since I change my old iPhone for an iPhone 4.

I should restore again? I have 4.0.1 with ultrasnow..

Thanks...

Jun 16, 2011
I have an iPhone 4 unhacked that When I select the voicemail icon it will call my voicemail but I have not found anything that will change it other wise. Any help? So far the *5005*86# doesn't work. Or maybe I am doing it wrong.

Any suggestions?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Dial 611 and follow the prompts to reset your password. Then open the phone app and go to voicemail. It should let you set up voicemail at that point.