iPhone and VW Touareg Bluetooth Connectivity

TheBorg

Jun 24, 2008
Hi

Anyone have any advice on connecting iPhone with Touareg?

Response I keep getting is: "No device recognized"

Thanks in advance.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
you might be having the same problem I did, that the blue tooth modle in your car isn't 2.0 compatible. I had to get mine re-flashed with the latest Holden update. If you can trust your dealership, see if they have any updates available.

TheBorg

Jun 24, 2008
Might be that, but I connect other mobile phones like Nokia in no time. So, bluetooth software in car should be OK...must be something else :(

Thank you for your help..

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
how are you trying to pair the two? are you searching from the toureg for bluetooth devices, or from the iPhone? i don't have a toureg, but in my car, pairing only works if i search from the phone and ask it to connect to the car, not using the car to find the phone, despite what the bluetooth manual for my car said...

TheBorg

Jun 24, 2008
Well, I followed Car Manual and it says to put phone on visible mode and than to use "search device" option in car menu. I don't have bluetooth activation or visibility option in car menu ...

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Well, I followed Car Manual and it says to put phone on visible mode and than to use "search device" option in car menu. I don't have bluetooth activation or visibility option in car menu ...
okay - well, perhaps you can try searching for the toureg from your iPhone as a last-ditch effort before any software upgrades from your dealer... :)

my car is automatic pairing mode for the first few minutes after the car starts. on my iPhone, i go to the bluetooth menu and wait for it to "see" my car, then i tap on it to start the pairing process. my car has a 4-digit bluetooth passcode that came with the manual - when i my iPhone asks for it, i enter that, and it takes a few more seconds, and then it's paired (i've only had to do this once, of course - it now connects automatically every time i get into my car).l

the manual for my bmw is similar to the instructions for your toureg, but pairing didn't work that way with my iPhone (or a couple of my previous phones - i think it only worked that way for a motorola i had once). perhaps you could try what i described once your car is in that "searching" mode so that you know bluetooth is active then...

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
Might be that, but I connect other mobile phones like Nokia in no time. So, bluetooth software in car should be OK...must be something else :(

Thank you for your help..
Yes, but the iPhone software is not backwards compatible. I had a BT 2.0 moto that worked with my BT1.3 car module because the moto was backwards compatible. My iPhone would see my car, but would not connect until my car unit was upgraded too. just a thought.

aspilt

Jul 27, 2008
Not possible, no rSAP

Hi TheBorg,

I have the same problem. The PREMIUM carkit can only connect with phones with rSAP (remote sim access profile). These are mostly only Nokia.
Unfortunately the iPhone (also firmware 2.0) has no rSAP.
There will be an iPhone adapter soon for the Touareg but as far as I know this only is for a headset.

I'm trying to mobilise VW to make it possible for the iPhone to connect. Please go ask your dealer aybe this helps!