iPhone answering Machine

Oct 19, 2007
hi to all iPhone application wizards, did anyone think about creating AN ANSWERING MCHINE FOR iPhone?

Morval

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
Buffalo,NY
my iPhone came with an answering machine....visual voicemail !

Oct 19, 2007
what i was asking for was an application independent from server.
it registers voicemails on th iPhone.
you can monitor the message while being recorded then decide to pick up the call or no.
it is like the Samsung answering machine.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
what i was asking for was an application independent from server.
it registers voicemails on th iPhone.
you can monitor the message while being recorded then decide to pick up the call or no.
it is like the Samsung answering machine.

We don't have that feature, I don't want people to hear the message as it is recording, especially my girls when another girl calls right in the middle of having sex.:eek:

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
If we did not pick up the call when we saw who it was then why would we pick it up during a message being recorded? Maybe its for you but not me

Oct 19, 2007
because you might get a call from an unknown number, then while leaving a message u decide to reply or not

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
most people don't leave me a voice mail, and i don't ever leave messages to anyone.... thats that texts are for...

j3yq

Oct 8, 2007
The ideas nice...I guess but I don't think any one would use it

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
The ideas nice...I guess but I don't think any one would use it
That is not true as the OP specifically asked about it. I think it's safe to assume he would use it.

And it's not some weird new request: this has been on some cellphones as far back as 1995. I bought a StarTac the day it was available ($900, in 1996!). That phone had a built-in answering machine, and it worked quite well.

I wouldn't mind having it on my iPhone, if I could activate it as a call came in (i.e., intercept it before it goes to regular voice mail). This would be handy for unknown callers. Let's say you are a little busy and see a call coming in--and it's private (caller ID blocked). If that call is a doctor, or something similar, they will most likely leave a message, but it might just say to call back--and if you try to call back you might not get through, or get a machine yourself). If you had the ability to pick up the phone while they were leaving the message you might just want to pick it up and take the call.

Doesn't mean you would do it for friends or relatives (or maybe you would, but it's kinda rude--I think--to do that on a regular basis).

--
Mike

cryptoguy

Jul 2, 2008
iPhone 3G : APPLICATION DEVELOPERS WE NEED AN ANSWERING MACHINE ON THE iPhone

I would pay 40$ for a software I can install on my iPhone that would answer my iPhone automatically, play my voice message and then record to internal memory the message and then hangup the call. It would be nice if their were options such as:
1. Answer immediately, on one, two or three rings,
2. Provide a CALLER ID function, not necessary at first but would be nice,
3. Ability to listen to the message as its being recorded, with option to answer it in mid-recording, again, nice to have but not entirely necessary,
4. Ability to send the recorded message to an email address or send via bluetooth to another device, and or to the iTunes library.
5. Time, date and length of message needs to be on every message recorded.

Please, can someone develop an answering machine for the iPhone...PLEASE! I'll even advertise it on my twenty web sites for free and do a write up into eight IT Blogs if someone would just develop it.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Wow nearly three years later and this thread lives on :)

bikerboy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Ohio, USA
Can u actually use visual Voice mail on other carriers than ATT ? if possible how ? I got Simple mobile, and my voice mail icon dials a number and i call my voice mail ...