iPhone anti-fingerprint solutions

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Powerhouse, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Powerhouse

Powerhouse New Member

Not sure if anyone has posted something like this before, but I found this from 3M and thought people might like to know about it...

3M™ Novec™ Electronic Coating EGC-1702 provides a thin clear barrier on glass to resist fingerprint smudging and repel water and oil.

When applied to clean, moisture-free surfaces, 3M™ Novec™ Electronic Coatings provide excellent anti-wetting, anti-stiction, anti-migration and anti-corrosion properties. Each coating formulation is a clear, low viscosity hydrofluoroether solvent that carries a fluorochemical acrylate polymer coating. The solvent is nonflammable, has low toxicity and provides acceptable environmental properties for today's demanding electronic applications.
    These coatings replace 3M™ Fluorad™ Coatings FC-722, FC-724 and FC-732.

Learn More »

3M™ Novec™ Electronic Coating EGC-1702

3M™ Novec™ Electronic Coating EGC-1702 dries to form an ultra-thin transparent protective film (~0.1 micron when dip coated) that repels liquids such as lubricating oils, hydrocarbon oils and silicones. The coating uses 3M™ Novec™ Engineered Fluid HFE-7100DL as the carrier solvent, to ensure the minimum amount of contaminants.

Applications may vary by product:
    • Printed circuit boards
    • Various hard disk drive components
    • Micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS)
    • Cathode ray tubes (CRTs), LCDs and TFT-LCDs
    • Head gimbal assemblies (HGAs)
    • MR recording heads
    • Micro and spindle motors
    • Ink jet print cartridges
    • Display anti-smudge coating

2. plushter77

plushter77 New Member

Well...I don't want to be the first one to try it...so let me know how it works. :laugh2:

3. alb0zf1n3st

alb0zf1n3st New Member
    Silver

Hmm interesting I wanna try that .. would be awesome if they had somerthing like that

4. katsnd4spd

katsnd4spd New Member

If you google it and look it up on the 3m site, they have a link for requesting a sample.

5. wjp09

wjp09 Zealot
    Gold

Duh just remove your fingertips. But yeah someone go first.