iPhone app that will mirror text messages on computer?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
ok i need a little help. im going to friends house to help him with a few things on his iPhone. now most of the stuff he wants to do on it. i know how with the exception of 1. He wants to know if their is an app that will mirror his text messge on his computer. know i use mighty text with Android but i don't recall ever seeing and app for iPhone. does anyone know of such an app?

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
ok i have told him to check that diskaid out. also he said he has some text messg that were deleted but he says they are on the phone but are zipped up. is that true and is it possible to recover them?

and oh thank's for the advice on diskaid

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
ok I have told him to check that diskaid out. also he said he has some text messg that were deleted but he says they are on the phone but are zipped up. is that true and is it possible to recover them?

and oh thank's for the advice on diskaid
Yeah, it sounds like his phone was/is jailbroken. He can uncompress and restore the zipped SMS file if it is still jailbroken.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hello Europa,
Would like to know whether iTunes backups up text and contacts also ?
Yes, it backs them up, but iCloud supports push contacts (instantly saves them in the cloud when you update them), so it's a good idea to toggle contacts on in iCloud and use it in addition to making iTunes/iCloud backups. Another advantage to this is you can restore to factory settings whenever necessary and sync your contacts back on without having to rely on a backup.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
In that case, what is the difference between iTunes and diskaid ?
They are two different programs. Diskaid gives you access to the file system. However, it's only partial access when stock. The program is very useful when jailbroken because it allows you to modify system files and manually customize the phone.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
They are two different programs. Diskaid gives you access to the file system. However, it's only partial access when stock. The program is very useful when jailbroken because it allows you to modify system files and manually customize the phone.
So which program would suggest for a non-jailbroken iPhone5 ?

Sent using iCafe app