iPhone Applications Installer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Wow. That is sweet. I am waiting to read how everyone is liking this before I take the plunge. It is nice that it has updating built into the app. This makes it simple. Very nice.

Aug 1, 2007
niceeee

but is there a way so when i update nes it doesn't delete the icon.png and default.png?
i like my icons and i don't want to have to change it everytime i update a app

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
when I click in the install.zip file it says safari can't download....how do i do this?
You have to install this app first using the traditional app installation process (i.e., with the iPhone connected to a computer). Only after you have this app setup and running can you access other apps and install them via this app.

--
Mike

r00t4rd3d

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Ive been using this program for about the past 12 hours and I think its great ! No need to be on wifi/vpn to install apps anymore ! You can install apps on the Edge network. Updates installed apps when new versions are released if you choose. Seems every hour there is a NES update and with this app , updating is a breeze ! New apps and web sources for app downloads are popping up every hour.

This app rocks , must have.

Notice the scroll bar , this list keeps growing !

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Ive been using this program for about the past 12 hours and I think its great ! No need to be on wifi/vpn to install apps anymore ! You can install apps on the Edge network. Updates installed apps when new versions are released if you choose. Seems every hour there is a NES update and with this app , updating is a breeze ! New apps and web sources for app downloads are popping up every hour.

Wow, how come my app list only shows the BSD as being available?

Jul 7, 2007
yes how come u have a lot of apps? is it b/c u added soucres? all i have is BSD subsystem, community sources, doom, launcher and mobile terminal...

What are Finder and Mobilefinder made for? :)

r00t4rd3d

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Install the community sources and update it if there is a update under updates lol.

Community sources = where the apps come from.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Would this and other installations be for people with more technical knowledge or is it pretty easy to do? Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Don't know about on a Mac, but it's not that hard to do on a PC.

All you have to really do is follow these (somewhat easy) tutorial:

1.) Easy unlock instructions for Windows:
http://hacktheiPhone.com/iPhone_first_ten_steps_to_modding_windows.html

Everything you need to download is right in the above tutorial, plus instructions on how to do it.

2.) Easy instructions to install SSH:
http://hacktheiPhone.com/iPhone_install_ssh_windows.html

3.) Easy instructions to install this (Installer) app:
http://hacktheiPhone.com/iPhone_using_installer_app_windows.html

That's it. Once you get intaller.app installed you should be able to use it to install and update other apps. Of course once you get this far you should be able to install apps directly too (without installer.app).

--
Mike

Sell224

Jul 5, 2007
This may sound really dumb.. but I had downloaded this program last night with the intention of putting it on my phone today. This morning I forgot which program it was and renamed it "Lights Off" (thought it was the game). I installed it and it installed well, but I realized it was the installer program, not the game.

Now I have an icon called LightsOff on my phone. It wont let me delete the folder or rename it. What do I do?