iPhone applications without hacking

zenmaster

Mar 9, 2008
I understand that Apple is letting you add applications now without having to hack your iPhone or something like that. Are the applications free or do we have to pay for them?

dooki

Sep 21, 2007
CA
I understand that Apple is letting you add applications now without having to hack your iPhone or something like that. Are the applications free or do we have to pay for them?
According to the Apple Town Hall meeting, Jobs said that he anticipates some developers will give their apps away for free and others will charge the price that the developer chooses.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
and, also, this will not be available until June, when iPhone software update 2.0.0 comes out.

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Will be interesting to see how many current Jailbreak devs go legit and get onto the SDK official program. I'll be highly surprised if Apple allows "legit" apps from the hacker community devs that exist today. In other words, they either quit releasing work for Jailbreak or they don't get the stamp of approval for iTunes distribution. The devs will likely be forced to pick sides.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Installer says that we have Nullriver's guarantee they will stay on the jailbroken side.

theevilone

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
we will have too see these Apple apps. might not be cool stuff like themes, games. I will retore then put 2.0 on the phone then jailbreak and have both worlds like I do now.