iPhone Apps Closing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mustang05

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I havn't been active on this forum in a long time but I hacked my iPhone a long time ago and have not updated my phone at all. I still have the original firmware. When I use say, Safari, it will open and I'll be using it and then all of a sudden the app. closes. This happens all the time now. Is this fixed in an update? If so will my hacked phone brick if i update or will it just be converted back to stock?

velvetropeparty

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Safari can not have more than 8 windows open. On the original firmware this caused a crash.
But your iPhone will not be bricked UNLESS you did certain UNLOCKS to work on other carriers. If you simply did mods that loaded other programs, then it will return to stock state if you upgrade to 1.1.1 - it seems 1.1.1 is VERY close to being modded as well.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I havn't been active on this forum in a long time but I hacked my iPhone a long time ago and have not updated my phone at all. I still have the original firmware. When I use say, Safari, it will open and I'll be using it and then all of a sudden the app. closes. This happens all the time now. Is this fixed in an update? If so will my hacked phone brick if i update or will it just be converted back to stock?
Make sure to completely shut down the phone to make sure that all current applications are closed. Most people only put the phone to sleep, but if you will hold down the Lock button until you get the "slide to shut down", you will be able to completely shut it down. After that you can start it up (you'll see the Apple logo) and it should be okay. I usually try to completely shut my down at least once a week to avoid the crashes.