iPhone asking for iTunes password everywhere!

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Okay...is there a question?

Jul 22, 2009
Reboot your iPhone and see what happen? Also uninstall the iTunes and the re install it. May be the problem will get solved. Otherwise you need to meet an expert.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
EVERYWHERE? Or just the App Store and iTunes (On the phone)? Maybe your pass-code lock is affecting it?

icecreamman2

Bronze
Jul 23, 2008
san francisco/vancouver
I was hoping I wouldn't have to make the trek out to an Apple store. Iv tried most things. Sorry if I didn't make it clear I just don't want it to ask me for my password eeryhwere haha. Ya it's asking me outside of the iTunes and app store

Sk8Betty

Aug 16, 2009
I'm having this same issue with my iPhone (1st gen). When I open my phone contacts, iTunes wants my password. When I hang up the phone, iTunes wants my password. No matter what I'm doing with my iPhone -- playing a game, using Safari, texting, anything -- iTunes interrupts me to ask for my password. This only started after I had to erase everything on the phone and restore from backup -- about a week ago. Which is about the same time we got the update to 3.0.1 or whatever.

It's annoying.

If anyone has a fix for this, please post! Thanks.

Sk8

Raiderman

Aug 26, 2009
Same issue here also. I have a first gen and noticed the problem after the 3.0 install. Called the tecs, they have never heard of such a thing and thought it was very odd and unusual. I did a complete restore and it seemed to fix the problem but about a week later, it started doing it again. It's quite annoying being in the middle of phone call or text message, and the bubble pops up at any given moment. I don't know what else to try to resolve this problem.

hybris1

Dec 24, 2008
I have the same problem. Keeps popping up with a password request. However, I noticed for the first time today, there was an app loading and then it disappeared. It said "paused", "loading" and then it disappeared. I noticed this an hour ago and it has not asked me again so far.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
It's been happening to me recently as well.... I believe it's a 3.0 'bug' or a 'security feature'. I don't think it is something to be concerned about; just something that is annoying. I also noticed (just before I sent my phone into Apple for repairs) that it only started to happen when I turned passcode lock on. I then switched the passcode lock off and the issue kept happening... I'm going to submit this 'bug' to Apple right away because it was pretty darn annoying.

Oct 16, 2009
Hopefully this helps cause this issue is hella annoying. so here is the solution to the password pop up issue for 1st gen iPhone from a knowledgeable tech i know. Go to settings on your phone open the STORE icon sign out of the store. Then hard-reset the iPhone by holding down the home button and the power button for 15 seconds. after the phone turns back on sign back into the app store using the same process as above then dpwnload any free app from the store. Put in your pass word download the app then eeither keep the free app or erase it and the password pop up problem should be solved on your 1st gen iPhone. As for 3g and 3gs you need to plug the phone into your computer open iTunes then click STORE and then authorize computer, a message will pop up click OK then sync the 3g or 3gs phone with iTunes your problem should be resolved.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hopefully this helps cause this issue is hella annoying. so here is the solution to the password pop up issue for 1st gen iPhone from a knowledgeable tech i know. Go to settings on your phone open the STORE icon sign out of the store. Then hard-reset the iPhone by holding down the home button and the power button for 15 seconds. after the phone turns back on sign back into the app store using the same process as above then dpwnload any free app from the store. Put in your pass word download the app then eeither keep the free app or erase it and the password pop up problem should be solved on your 1st gen iPhone. As for 3g and 3gs you need to plug the phone into your computer open iTunes then click STORE and then authorize computer, a message will pop up click OK then sync the 3g or 3gs phone with iTunes your problem should be resolved.
Thanks for the reply. Good possible solutions there.

This problem can also occur if you have incomplete downloads in your iTunes cache. I recently had one that I could not get rid and was causing the password pop up problem. Updating the FW solved it. If you cannot get rid of the partial downloads, you can call Apple and they'll have an iTunes tech remove it from your cache.

Rkondo

Aug 23, 2009
Hello, I had the same problem. I changed my password and haven't had any problems so far.