iPhone background is flashing

mos1926

Feb 8, 2009
My iPhone background is on the fritz. At first it will automatically go to the screen where it asks me to slide to turn it off (This happens randomly). Then it will sometimes snap pictures of the screen when it happens to lock. Also the background keeps flashing from black to whatever I was looking at. Please help : /. If not can i exchange it?

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Sounds like the home button might be messed up, or the power button. Try restoring the device to factory defaults first. If you're jailbroken, reverse that.

Joe

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
My iPhone background is on the fritz. At first it will automatically go to the screen where it asks me to slide to turn it off (This happens randomly). Then it will sometimes snap pictures of the screen when it happens to lock. Also the background keeps flashing from black to whatever I was looking at. Please help : /. If not can i exchange it?
First of all - let's us know what iPhone version, firmware, and are you unlocked/jailbroken?

mos1926

Feb 8, 2009
It's not jailbroken or anything like that. Completely standard iPhone 3g. I tried restoring it to default settings and nothing worked : /. I also tried restoring it to default settings but unfortunately that didn't work either.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Take it into an Apple store and get it replaced.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Oh this sucks mine is doing this also. Mine thinks i am holding down the lock button and it askes me to power off the phone. It will also think that i am turning the ringer down and it will show the line through the bell. I will push the volume up once then it will show it all the way up then the bell with the line through it. Its odd it comes and goes i think i will go to the Apple store today and try to show them my luck the phone wont do it while im at the Apple store. Will they give me crap about my bodyguardz on my phone and if i get a new/referb phone will the one year warrantee that comes with your phone start over?