iPhone backup software?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
i know iTunes creates a backup but as we all know sometimes it doesn't sync things like contacts. is there software that creates a full backup of the phone?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Every time you sync there should be a backup made - unless you have the option Not to sync checked.

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
What I wish was available was a backup option the OTHER way around. For the 3rd time, I had iTunes blow away my complete library and playlists but had them on my iPhone...I'd love to at least be able to restore my iPhone playlist (because the backup in iTunes was corrupted).

So far my backup option is my iPod with those playlists, now's just finding software that'll work w/ my 5.5g. For some reason CopyTrans didn't work too well (didn't even connect w/ my iPod).

Any ideas on this along with what the CP is asking?

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
where does iTunes store the iPhone restore points? can you just copy it and put it in a separate location?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I believe so. At the top of your iTunes window there should be a tab for the iPhone ( it has to be connected) and that's where it says it backed it up last.
In Windows, the file(s) location should be C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\SyncServices\client
Those should be your backup files, but I cannot say 100% that they are.

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
What I wish was available was a backup option the OTHER way around. For the 3rd time, I had iTunes blow away my complete library and playlists but had them on my iPhone...I'd love to at least be able to restore my iPhone playlist (because the backup in iTunes was corrupted).

So far my backup option is my iPod with those playlists, now's just finding software that'll work w/ my 5.5g. For some reason CopyTrans didn't work too well (didn't even connect w/ my iPod).

Any ideas on this along with what the CP is asking?

That is always my fear, something stupid going wrong with either my phone or iTunes and losing all of my music, pics, notes settings and so on.

iPod access is what you need, I backed up my whole phone and music/playlists to my pc/MacBook and external hd.

I also back up other stuff like texts,convos, contacts with iTunes syncing , then find file and save that on external hd too :)