iPhone bad in the rain

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i was walking home from school and it started to rain so i decided that i'd call a friend to pick me up... with the raindrops on the screen it took me a while to "slide to unlock" then it took a while to call him.. this was due mostly to the rain drops that where on the screen. i guess that my fingers were not making contact on the screen..

anyone have issues like this... with using iPhone in the rain?

viperboy

Sep 11, 2007
that has happened to me. i was at ren faire this past week and it started to rain and it wasn't impossible, but it was harder to text. i think its a combination of the rain on the screen and that its not registering the heat from your finger.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I only used mine in the rain one time, it was the pure definition of a down pour. I was a little afraid to use it but had no troubles and no touch delays. I held it so my body was blocking the rain until the call started then just talked till I was able to get to shelter (nasty canyon storms, thunder, lightning, the works.).

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
I'm pretty sure the user guide says not to use the iPhone in the rain, which makes sense, but it definitely is inconvenient. I haven't had to use it in the rain yet, but if I do, it'll probably spur me to buy a bluetooth headset, even though I hate those things.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i'd be careful if you have bad luck, because if one raindrop falls into the headphone jack, your iPhone has just been pronounced "water damaged".

Aug 11, 2007
I've got the anti glare slash anti scratch screen film that they sell in the Apple retail stores and it actually seems to allow for better functionality while using during inclimate weather. The water kinda beads up and it seems like it is easier to wipe off as well. At least thats my experience.

Jun 26, 2007
yes i would think water + phone = not good
but maybe it can tolerate more considering its a jesus phone
i prefer to put mine in my pockey when it rains :p

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
as i walked home in the rain it took me a while to final pull it out .. i didn't want it to get all wet but it was either that or get socked... i'm glad that nothing happened to it.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
So what is this "rain" stuff you all speak of. Does that, like, fall right outta the sky? I vaguely remember seeing it a time or two.... :p:p:p

--
Mike

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I received a email the other day from otterbox saying they were making, in addittion to the case already out, a full waterproof case for the iPhone, so there ya go, can use it in the rain all you want!

Something that worries me about this case though is the thought of the iPhone not being able to cool properly, it already heats up enough right? With this on, the heat would have a hard time escaping...hmmm

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I use a small, thin plastic "baggy", the kind I use for my son's school snacks, to use my iPhone in the rain. The display works fine through the clear plastic and my baby doesn't get wet. High tech solution.
On the other hand, it doesn't rain that much around here.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
So what is this "rain" stuff you all speak of. Does that, like, fall right outta the sky? I vaguely remember seeing it a time or two.... :p:p:p
--
Mike
I hear you Tinman! Last time a droplet landed on me, I had to make sure I hadn't been poop-bombed by a pigeon! I guess in Arizona, our biggest weather-induced iPhone malfunction would be having it vaporize between the time you bring it out for use and return it to the safety of your pocket.:laugh2: