iPhone Baseband core dump in progress

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by dwest218, Apr 13, 2009.

1. dwest218

dwest218 New Member
    Bronze

Just saw this message on my iPhone screen. What does it mean?

2. Adam1389

Adam1389 Member
    Silver

I did too actually. Just posted the same question in the 3G forum, so we'll see who gets an answer :) Really weird huh?

3. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

I haven't received this message and I'm on the 3.0 beta 2. I guess my first question is are you also on beta 2? My second question is did you also jailbreak your iPhone? The other question is when did you receive this message? Was it once? Is it randomly, several times? Did it happen during an update to the beta or a restore? I guess what I'm saying is we need a little more information. At first glance and a wild guess it looks like it means that the original core baseband was being "dumped" or upgraded to the 3.0 baseband. Anyone else want to take a stab at this?

4. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Is the phone behaving adversely now? The only reference I could find to this issue (other than this thread :)) is this old link from 2.0 beta days:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1516979

I would chalk it up to a bug, but let us know if anything goes weird with your phone app.

5. Adam1389

Adam1389 Member
    Silver

Nothing weird with the phone so far. I was still on Beta 2 running IM+. I don't have real great reception at home so I'll play with it more at work and let you guys know how it turns out.

6. Adam1389

Adam1389 Member
    Silver

Nothing seems out of the ordinary with the phone app or anything else, so no idea what that was all about.

7. Adam1389

Adam1389 Member
    Silver

Alright, getting annoyed...My 3GS has been doing this baseband core dump like once a day lately. I'm running 3.1 jailbroke. Anyone else having this happen?

8. Ndrey

Ndrey New Member