- Mar 4, 2010
Any suggestions as to how to make the battery last the longest possible?
Are you sure about the multitasking? Isn't the app just suspended thus acting like its not even running?There are several things you can do.
There is more than I listed located here.
- If using an iOS update that has multitasking, you will need to ensure that you close completely out of the application(double-click home button, then close out of the app by press and hold on the icon and press the icon at the top left that appears).
- Turn down the brightness on the device.
- Set the auto-lock to 1 minute so that it is not sitting idle while on and using the battery.
- Ensure that your emails(if any are setup on the device) are set to check manually instead of automatically checking for the new emails.
- Turn Wi-Fi off if not being used.
Please feel free to personal message me, or reply to this if any questions are present.
I agree with IloveiPhones. But if you jailbreak, you can install a tweak called "Backgrounder" which eliminates the suspended state thus keeping any app actively going the in the app-switcher.
The application is still technically "running". Even though it is suspended in the background it is still open and having to run in order to save your place in the application. For instance, if you are typing a tweet and you close the application to check a text message, when you go back to the Twitter application it will still be open with your tweet still typed out where you stopped. If the application fully closed, thus not affecting the battery, the first page(the twitter feed(whatever they call it)) would load each time.