iPhone battery life - the first charge?

dsjn358

Jan 19, 2008
hey guys i recently bought an iPhone, and started using it from the box, i used the internet, google maps, checked email, watched a few videos and listened to music, oh and make calls.... occasionally i put the iPhone into the computer to upload music, and it would charge here and there..

from what i heard, that you were meant to fully charge the iPhone once you opened it up... i obviously did not do that. i fully charged it for 6 hrs the night i had it but that was after i had been on and off it... is my iPhone battery screwed now? ive ben kind of noticing a short life (after 7 hrs stand by, a hrs of usage im getting 75% remaining battery life?)

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
No I don't think this will have affected you, it didn't affect me anyway. I got mine for christmas so as soon as my stuff was synced I was straight on it lol and my battery life is better than most.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
You shouldn't have any problems. These new batteries don't have to develop a "charge memory" like initial cell phone batteries.

Jun 10, 2007
you should be fine. When I got my phone I played with it for a while before charging it and to me I have great battery life.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I think you got your answer. Welcome to EIC. Looking forward to more post from you.