iPhone Battery Life?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

azwilly

Jun 11, 2007
Ah, yes...that annoying little battery....and what will be the life of that little booger? Especially if you're using the phone as an iPod? I haven't seen a lot written on this subject (forgive me if I missed a thread). In any case, there is NO way to swap a fresh battery when iPhone is low on power.... To me this along with the high cost of the data plan is a real deal killer. Hopefully the next gen iPhone will address this issue. I get nervous thinking I have to mail my $600 phone in to change a tired battery. (especially when I'd be without my phone)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Ah, yes...that annoying little battery....and what will be the life of that little booger? Especially if you're using the phone as an iPod? I haven't seen a lot written on this subject (forgive me if I missed a thread). In any case, there is NO way to swap a fresh battery when iPhone is low on power.... To me this along with the high cost of the data plan is a real deal killer. Hopefully the next gen iPhone will address this issue. I get nervous thinking I have to mail my $600 phone in to change a tired battery. (especially when I'd be without my phone)
Just save your old phone for a spare. With GSM, it's just a matter of sliding out the Sim card and sliding it in the other phone.

Nobody really knows how the battery will do yet. Some people are questioning just like you though.

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
Why would the iPhone have a black section on the bottom if you couldn't slide it off and replace the battery? If it wasn't replaceable it would be all silver right?

But in the end i still think they chose to keep the battery intact like ipods.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Why would the iPhone have a black section on the bottom if you couldn't slide it off and replace the battery? If it wasn't replaceable it would be all silver right?

But in the end i still think they chose to keep the battery intact like ipods.
Who knows? Maybe that's a sliding panel that reveals the SIM tray.

JHMirage

May 12, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
It lists 16 hours of audio playback on Apple.com.

Yep... specifically, it says:

Battery
Up to 5 hours Talk / Video / Browsing
Up to 16 hours Audio playback

Also note that it says in the fine print that this depends on the connection method.

I wonder if WiFi web surfing takes more or less power than EDGE... I'd have hoped for a little more than 5 hours of general handheld use, and if it's less than that over WiFi I'm curious what that might be.

Last edited by a moderator: