iPhone billed automatically to your Credit Card?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Since iPhone activation and account setup is tied to your iTunes account do you get billed directly to your iTunes credit card? Is Apple billing the CC you have on file or is AT&T sending you a paper bill?

Anyone know how the billing will work?

- SR

jordan

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Oklahoma
ya they offer online bill pay. i would think this would be no different. i would think that you be able to purchase songs and vids on iTunes but i don't know if you could pay your bill. i guess we will see.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Personally I would prefer a paper bill. Or at least a separate bill from my automatically charging my credit card. I hate automatic recuring monthly charges. I guess I am just old fashioned.

- SR

Domin8stang

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
As far as i know you supply them with your iTunes acct. information to help fill out the registration of the phone, but unless you are a new member, it will just tack the new charges to w/e bill you currently get.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Personally I would prefer a paper bill. Or at least a separate bill from my automatically charging my credit card. I hate automatic recuring monthly charges. I guess I am just old fashioned.

- SR
I prefer both, but this has been standard practice with all service providers not just in the wireless industry to phase out paper bills to save money. If customers want a paper bill it is usually $2 more per month.

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Does AT&T offer paperless billing for their regular phones? They must, right?

I wouldn't mind auto pay through my iTunes account at all.
What would be really cool is to pay your phone in iTunes.

Log in into iTunes like you would to download something and then pay your bill!:cool:

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007

Log in into iTunes like you would to download something and then pay your bill!:cool:
I am quite sure we will continue to pay our bill to ATT just like we do today. In fact I am positive!

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net

Cool? Wow, I must bve really really old. I don't see that as cool at all. Why should my cellular phone charges be on the same bill as my music? Why should I pay Apple to use the AT&T network. I don't think it is cool at all.

I hope there is an option after activation to change billing preferences to paper just like the old days.

- SR

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Since iPhone activation and account setup is tied to your iTunes account do you get billed directly to your iTunes credit card? Is Apple billing the CC you have on file or is AT&T sending you a paper bill?

Anyone know how the billing will work?

- SR
you'll get billed directly just like the "old" days.:laugh2:

If you sign up on At&t.com you can choose a paperless billing system where you pay your bill online with a credit or debit card, but this is completely up to you. Initially, your paper bill will come in the mail.