iPhone blacking out occasionally

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Ever since I put the the louder volume files on my 1.0.2 phone my phone blacks out like twice a day then i shut it down then its fine or it could be since i installed the new installer that says it recommended for 1.1.1?Anybody have any ideas.....Thanks

borica1064

Sep 19, 2007
Same exact thing is happening to me. I think it is because of the new installer. It didn't happen to me before until I upgraded the installer. I am also on 1.0.2. have not upgraded to new version because I am on T-mobile and don't want to brick my phone.

David

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Same exact thing is happening to me. I think it is because of the new installer. It didn't happen to me before until I upgraded the installer. I am also on 1.0.2. have not upgraded to new version because I am on T-mobile and don't want to brick my phone.

David
WHAT ARE U TALKING ABOUT?

Please have a read around before making such misinformed posts!

You can now upgrade your v1.02 iPhone (even if it's been unlocked) as long as you virginalize the baseband first. I have done this on 5 out of the 7 iPhones that i have unlocked (the others 2 didn't want to upgrade).

Now back to the original point.......yes I'd upgrade ASAP as i found v1.02 crashes ALOT.

borica1064

Sep 19, 2007
I was not making mis-informed post. Please read carefuly before accusing anyone of doing something they are not. I did not say it wasn't possible to upgrade the iPhone at all. I would never do that! I do read the threads on here more than I post as you can see by how many post I have. I was just stating that personally I do not wish to try because " I might brick my phone" I am not too tech savvy so I will not try it. I was just letting the poster know that I was in the same boat as he!

David

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I was not making mis-informed post. Please read carefuly before accusing anyone of doing something they are not. I did not say it wasn't possible to upgrade the iPhone at all. I would never do that! I do read the threads on here more than I post as you can see by how many post I have. I was just stating that personally I do not wish to try because " I might brick my phone" I am not too tech savvy so I will not try it. I was just letting the poster know that I was in the same boat as he!

David

Next time try to make your post clearer then please, as obviously i and others had misunderstood until this post.

kotsos

Nov 3, 2007
Ever since I put the the louder volume files on my 1.0.2 phone my phone blacks out like twice a day then i shut it down then its fine or it could be since i installed the new installer that says it recommended for 1.1.1?Anybody have any ideas.....Thanks
Thank God I run into this thread....I upgraded the installer yesterday and last night I had my first blackout. It hasn't happened to me today but I haven't used the installer today. I am on 1.1.1 and my iPhone is unlocked. I guess the new installer is a little unstable on 1.1.1 as well but not as much as on 1.0.2