iPhone Bluetooth compatibility

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ocala

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Ocala, FL
Hello from Ocala Florida!

I'm trying to determine if the iPhone should be compatible with my
Poineer [FONT=AdvTT7b6c0d50.B]DEH-P9800BT [/FONT]hands free phone system. This is a stereo head unit that has built in Bluetooth phone with it's own mike and built in address book, etc.

I currently have a Motorola i605 that works ok with the exeption that it won't connect automatically when I get in the car. It only takes about 20 seconds to do it manually so no big deal...

The Motorola won't push the address book into the radio, but I could live without that although it would be better to have it!

I really like it because it automatically mutes the stereo when I receive a call and actually routes it through my amp and car stereo speakers.

The following are the Bluetooth supported profiles built into the Pioneer.

[FONT=AdvTT3628beforea3.B]
Bluetooth​
[/FONT]
Version ..........................................Bluetooth 1.2 certified
Output power ............................+4 dBm Max.
(Power class 2)​
Profile ............................................ GAP (Generic Access Profile)
SDP (Service Discovery Protocol)
HSP (Head Set Profile)
HFP (Hands Free Profile)
A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution
Profile)
AVRCP (Audio Video Remote
Control Profile)
OPP (Object Push Profile)

This is my only concern with the phone, otherwise I'm waiting in line with everyone else.

ANY THOUGHTS GREATLY APPRECIATED!​

Volvo

Sep 29, 2007
You need to manually connect to the iPhone with the 980. It does do an auto detect and make the connection. It does everything else just fine.

convic

Oct 1, 2007
Bluetooth File Transfer .

All we know is it is Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR. I don't know whether that means is will support stereo bluetooth or not, but that's what we know.

And, welcome to EiP!:)

I am about to buy an unlocked iPhone because i live outside the usa (Saint Lucia) , but ive read some reviews that claim that the bluetooth does not work for regular file tranfers this is a big issue for me as id love to have my customs ringtones. Please let me know if you know anything about this , Thanks :)

Prelector

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Hello from Ocala Florida!

Poineer [FONT=AdvTT7b6c0d50.B]DEH-P9800BT [/FONT]hands free phone system. This is a stereo head unit that has built in Bluetooth phone with it's own mike and built in address book, etc.

I currently have a Motorola i605 that works ok with the exeption that it won't connect automatically when I get in the car. It only takes about 20 seconds to do it manually so no big deal...

The Motorola won't push the address book into the radio, but I could live without that although it would be better to have it!

I really like it because it automatically mutes the stereo when I receive a call and actually routes it through my amp and car stereo speakers.

[FONT=AdvTT3628beforea3.B]Bluetooth[/FONT]
(Power class 2)
Profile ............................................ GAP (Generic Access Profile)
HSP (Head Set Profile)
HFP (Hands Free Profile)
Profile)
Control Profile)

This is my only concern with the phone, otherwise I'm waiting in line with everyone else.

ANY THOUGHTS GREATLY APPRECIATED!
The iPhone should connect/pair up with your system just fine, for phone calls only though (not for music). I "believe" it will also auto pair when you come within range (provided you're not currently paired with another device like a headset), but can't guarantee it... And you will NOT be able to push your contacts from the iPhone to the car, or vice versa, as the iPhone only supports the HSP and HFP profiles, currently.

Volvo

Sep 29, 2007
980bt

The 980BT by Pioneer pairs with the iPhone but does not auto connect. Pioneer claims it is the iPhone. Auto answer works well as does muting of the speakers. No phone book transfer is possible. So-if you don't mind manually connecting every time you enter the car-go for it. The sound is great!

[FONT=AdvTT3628beforea3.B]
Bluetooth​
[/FONT]
(Power class 2)​
HSP (Head Set Profile)
HFP (Hands Free Profile)
Profile)
Control Profile)

ANY THOUGHTS GREATLY APPRECIATED!​
[/QUOTE]