iPhone Bluetooth doesn't see my car or headset

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

pewterss

Nov 24, 2007
I searched on here and found nothing helpful so I will post my question here.

I attempted to use my bluetooth with my car or headset, my iPhone says that bluetooth is turned on, but it keeps searching forever. It doesn't locate anyone or anything nearby. Co-workers who have bluetooth phones, turned on there bluetooth and they see my phone. When they try connecting to it they get a message on there phones that says the connection failed.... and so on... Anyone have any ideas ?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Bluetooth connectivity is only for headsets and can also be used for "car kits". It is not setup for data use. (no passing contact info or files)
When trying to make a connection for a headset or car kit, first activate the iPhone's bluetooth. Then, following the instructions for the other bluetooth device, make the device discoverable.
The iPhone should see it and when you click it, it should ask for the PIN. Enter the PIN (generally 0000) and you are now paired with the device.
If you turn Bluetooth off on either the iPhone or the device, when you go to use it again, have the iPhone on First, and then with the device on, hit the answer/end button once. It should connect right up.
I have 3 BT headsets, and this is how I got all 3 to work with the iPhone.
I will say that it's possible to corrupt the BT profile a little when connecting non-Apple BT devices, so if you start to notice static on the device, you might want to restore the iPhone and pair again.

pewterss

Nov 24, 2007
hmmmm I will try this again, I was I guess doing it wrong... but I also didn't know that you couldn't use it for data, that stinks.
I was trying to connect to a co-workers phone as well.

I have the motorola headset 610 o r something like that. At work now and have it at home charging. I will try it in my car when I get out. Thanks for the heads up guys.

John

Bluetooth connectivity is only for headsets and can also be used for "car kits". It is not setup for data use. (no passing contact info or files)
When trying to make a connection for a headset or car kit, first activate the iPhone's bluetooth. Then, following the instructions for the other bluetooth device, make the device discoverable.
The iPhone should see it and when you click it, it should ask for the PIN. Enter the PIN (generally 0000) and you are now paired with the device.
If you turn Bluetooth off on either the iPhone or the device, when you go to use it again, have the iPhone on First, and then with the device on, hit the answer/end button once. It should connect right up.
I have 3 BT headsets, and this is how I got all 3 to work with the iPhone.
I will say that it's possible to corrupt the BT profile a little when connecting non-Apple BT devices, so if you start to notice static on the device, you might want to restore the iPhone and pair again.