iPhone boot up...

ashwini

Bronze
Jun 2, 2009
India
www.ashwini.co.in
On the 2.2.1, whenever I would boot my iPhone, the Apple logo would come and later would sink in the iPhone to reveal the first page of apps. Cool animated way to do it.

But in the beta and the 3.0 GM..... Logo --> blank screen --> slide to unlock

I hope they fix this in the final release. Anyone else with the same problem?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
On the 2.2.1, whenever I would boot my iPhone, the Apple logo would come and later would sink in the iPhone to reveal the first page of apps. Cool animated way to do it.

You shouldn't have the black screen, mine would do that in beta 5 but not in the GM release. That is a feature of the new OS to go to the slide to unlock screen just in case you turn it on and need to put it in your pocket/purse. That way it won't open any apps by accident since it's on the lock screen.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah I much prefer the new method. Before you had to babysit your phone every time you had to reset it so that you could lock it before pocketing.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Yeah I much prefer the new method. Before you had to babysit your phone every time you had to reset it so that you could lock it before pocketing.
Me too, it gives you the security of knowing you are safe to put it into your pocket during a restart. And it isn't that much of a nuisance to unlock it once it starts up. I know you liked the animation ashwini but this way will help you down the road.

arts11

Jul 25, 2008

You shouldn't have the black screen, mine would do that in beta 5 but not in the GM release. That is a feature of the new OS to go to the slide to unlock screen just in case you turn it on and need to put it in your pocket/purse. That way it won't open any apps by accident since it's on the lock screen.
How should it look then? My bootup looks exactly like the OPs, including that blank screen.

ashwini

Bronze
Jun 2, 2009
India
www.ashwini.co.in
The iPhone has a capacitive touch screen. It reads the electrical activity of our fingers and not pressure. It's higly unlikely that u will endup doing anything in your pocket. And eitherway, it will automatically lock it self in a minute.

I really miss the animation! :(

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I've got the black screen when it first boots up as well. I had it in beta 5 so I assumed they decided to keep it and it isn't a bug. I do have auto lock turned on so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.