iPhone borswer?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
hey all,

just wondering how i can get access to the iPhone broswer. im pulling missions in trying to make my own ringtunes and apparently i need to open up the iPhone browser

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
hey all,

just wondering how i can get access to the iPhone broswer. im pulling missions in trying to make my own ringtunes and apparently i need to open up the iPhone browser
If your phone is not jailbroken then you will not be able to access the internal drive using iPhonebrowser or any other method.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
what but holes for Howard does sink. Blah the broswer. Blah blah.
Not everyone has the ability to express themselves in such a way that it is easy to fully understand what they are trying to get across. There are many forum users from other countries that don't use English as their primary langauge, heck there are a lot in the U.S. that don't use English as their primary langauge, especially here in Arizona, in addition to vast age difference between young teens and people in their 60's or 70's. Not everyone writes as clear and easy to follow as you may like and making fun of how they ask their questions is about the most unhelpful and mean thing you can do to them. But I suppose if you intention is just to get a lot of posts under your name then your accomplishing what you intended to do.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
The reason i asked that question was because i was reading a posting on how to make ring tones and in one of the screen shots the person was useing a program and at the top of the window box said iPhone browser. Sorry if i am new to the iPhone. Thanks for the rude comments

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
iPhone Browser is a 3rd party program- kind of like Windows Explorer. Safari is the web browser on the phone. 2 completely different items.
Now, depending on the version of firmware on your phone, there are several methods for making ringtones in iTunes that will/should upload to your phone.
Firmware version 1.1.2 supports custom ringtones.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
The reason i asked that question was because i was reading a posting on how to make ring tones and in one of the screen shots the person was useing a program and at the top of the window box said iPhone browser. Sorry if i am new to the iPhone. Thanks for the rude comments
iPhonebrowser is a program that allows you to access the files on your phones drive but in order for the program to work your phone has to be jailbroken. Once it is jailbroken you can then use iPhonebrowser (and several other methods) to reach the files on the drive in the phone. Is your phone jailbroken or stock?

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
What version of iTunes and the firmware are you using? If you are using the new 1.1.2, you don't need the jailbreak at all. You can add the ringtones by creating a .m4a and then renaming it to .m4r and adding it to iTunes. If you can't find the link to the tutorial on the boards I'll dig it up.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Not everyone has the ability to express themselves in such a way that it is easy to fully understand what they are trying to get across. There are many forum users from other countries that don't use English as their primary langauge, heck there are a lot in the U.S. that don't use English as their primary langauge, especially here in Arizona, in addition to vast age difference between young teens and people in their 60's or 70's. Not everyone writes as clear and easy to follow as you may like and making fun of how they ask their questions is about the most unhelpful and mean thing you can do to them. But I suppose if you intention is just to get a lot of posts under your name then your accomplishing what you intended to do.
you bleeding heart. If you can't speak English, then go to another site or learn to speak it. Why should i try and understand that jibberish? I'm in America. Speak AMERICAN.

You and Hillary...

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
thanks guys.
my iPhone is not stock it is jailbroken
i have firmware 1.1.1
i have a pc and not a mac.
I am desperatly trying to find a way to make my own ring tones lol

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
thanks guys.
my iPhone is not stock it is jailbroken
i have firmware 1.1.1
i have a pc and not a mac.
I am desperatly trying to find a way to make my own ring tones lol

Is there any reason you don't want to upgrade to 1.1.2? You can still have it jailbroken provided that you run oktoprep first and then it's easy to have custom ringtones. Custom ringtones on 1.1.1 was not an easy task IIRC.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Yes - upgrade. I've got a 1.1.1 phone here that I've just rescued for a friend and it's horrible compared to my 1.1.2. The graphics are all eeh eeh eeh - noooooo might work, might not and it crashes safari LR & C .

Oh yes - and it's got no custom ringtone capability!

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007

keanmy99

Dec 5, 2007
Germany
download iPhone browser

Is there another site to download the iPhone browser than modmyiPhone.com? I'm having problems with that site, but I NEED the browser.:(