iPhone & bose headphones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

acf83

Nov 16, 2007
i wonder if anyone here can help me w/ this. I have a set of bose quietcomfort 2 headphones & used them w/ my ipod w/o any problems. however the output jack on the iPhone will not allow me plug in the bose headphones due to the size of the jack & the iPhone output jack being somewhat "sunk-in"

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I have the Bose Around-Ear Headphones and what I did was take a knife and slice a little of the rubber off of the bottom of the plug. I sliced enough off so it would fit in. It hasn't affected the headphones at all and it works great. Plus it saves you the money for the adapter and I found that most of the adapters just added unnecessary weight and heft.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I still use the adapter I got at Radtech for using the in-ears with my iPhone. However, I also bought a pair of V-Moda Vibe Duos and those work amazingly well.

I also just saw this at the Apple store. It's an adapter for the Quiet Comfort 2 headphones that includes a microphone. I can't stand walking around with over-the-ear headphones on but it's convenient if you're on a long ride or something similar.
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TP731VC/A

They also have them for the Quiet Comfort 3s.