iPhone broke while using mail :O :'(

Jalle_G

Feb 8, 2008
Hello!

Well as you might have figured by my topic my iPhone is probably broken :(

Here is the story,

I was checking my mail and all of a sudden my screen turned completly white, I did a hard reset and the screen died. Crap. I tried to start it, the screen did not response, nothing did. I became sad. This was last tuesday. I had hoped on that it would have started by now but it has not. It is still as dead as ever. I have tried to charge it and do a new hard reset, nothing. I have tried to connect it to my computer, it doesn't show up. I have done everything I can do, nothing.

I live in Sweden where the iPhone has yet to be released and my iPhone was bought in USA, so it is not like I can go back to the store. It was bought as a 1.1.2 OTB but it's has been upgraded to 1.1.3 dev-team release.

This has happened before, one week after I got to be exact, but that time it started after ~20h, not this time :(

Does anyone know what I can do? Since it doesn't show up in the computer maybe I can give it to Apple in Sweden since they have worldwarranty? It is not possible to see that it is jailbroken by just looking at it, you have to turn it on to see that, I want to see that as my last way out. But still does anyone know of this problem? Is there any way to solve it?

Please, help me! :(

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
My condolences. Sounds to me like you better get a new iPhone.

Jalle_G

Feb 8, 2008
My condolences. Sounds to me like you better get a new iPhone.
Great :/ Is it possible to trick Apple into giving me a new one? Since this one is jailbreaked? If they take it in for repair and they fix it, after they have fixed it, they see that it is jailbroken are they able to take it? Or what do they do?

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
It might have been the power differential from different regions, ive heard of some iPhones being bought in the states and died when used in other countries.
Sorry to hear that Jalle, hope they release it in Sweden soon.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Great :/ Is it possible to trick Apple into giving me a new one? Since this one is jailbreaked? If they take it in for repair and they fix it, after they have fixed it, they see that it is jailbroken are they able to take it? Or what do they do?
I don't see why not. If it's completely dead, how are they going to tell it's been jailbroken?

Jalle_G

Feb 8, 2008
It might have been the power differential from different regions, ive heard of some iPhones being bought in the states and died when used in other countries.
Sorry to hear that Jalle, hope they release it in Sweden soon.
Yeah, well. Frick. Hehe, I'll hopefully get a new one. Hopefully it is better. This one sucked. Great phone, still.

I don't see why not. If it's completely dead, how are they going to tell it's been jailbroken?
Don't know. But they'll probobly open it up and get jiggy with it and it'll magicly work, but even if they make it work thay can't take it away from me, right? It's not illegal to jailbreak, right? :S