iPhone call volume

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Just got my iPhone 2 days ago and wondering is there a way to raise the volume in call? my volume is incredibly low i can barely here anyone... is this a problem i should be getting used to or could it mean my phone is defective... its really the only problem i have.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
it's definitely a common problem and one that has been complained about in many places. I think it is still acceptable for making calls but it's not near as loud as some phones i'm used to.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Thanks for the quick response.. I'm heading out to Apple today cause i cant find any screen protectors in att or bestbuy or any other store for that matter...So I still have the original plastic over the screen which does cover the hole to hear out of on call.. I'm hoping thats contributing lol.. I'm wondering if i should restore because im Jailbroken and have them look at it... I might just do that since it is incredibly easy to Jailbreak now.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Thanks for the quick response.. I'm heading out to Apple today cause i cant find any screen protectors in att or bestbuy or any other store for that matter...So I still have the original plastic over the screen which does cover the hole to hear out of on call.. I'm hoping thats contributing lol.. I'm wondering if i should restore because im Jailbroken and have them look at it... I might just do that since it is incredibly easy to Jailbreak now.
i've been using mine since iDay without a protector on the screen. They are good to have but the glass screen is surprisingly durable. Also the plastic protector that ships on the iPhone covers the ear hole. Remove it now! you will notice a difference in call volume lol definitely restore if you have anyone at Apple looking at your phone. you DO NOT want them to see a jailbroke phone.