iPhone Calling People

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

KRIEGHOFF

Bronze
Oct 28, 2011
Ok Someone needs to explain how this works!?

Whenever you make a call on the iPhone you have to push the start button, slide the arrow right, pick phone, pick contact and push the button to call.

But when my phone is in my pocket it will call someone without me touching it.

Someone tell me how it does this! LOL

Oct 3, 2009
With how good the capacitive screen is on the iPhone, I haven't butt dialed in years except when I had a loaner phone when I had to send my 3GS in for repair. I don't know how it could be dialing. Unless you are pushing the home button somehow and Siri is picking up voices and dialing what it thinks is right. I told it to set a timer for 15 minutes last week and it tried to send an email to one of my co-workers.

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
Yeah I've had my iPod touch in my bag just get jostled around and all of a sudden start playing music without being touched by a finger. No idea why and recently I had a friend who received a butt call from an iPhone too, weird, huh?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
With the title and this phrase I was laughing.
It is a phone it's supposed to call people lol

Ok serious now. The phones screen can be operated with many things. Including but not limited to a dogs tongue and even a chicken nugget (thanks naps). In your pocket it could be recovering the proper amounts of touching to send a call. Code should help this process from not happening.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
My sister does not lock her screen very often, and has called me from her purse 4-5 times in the past 2 years. One went to my voicemail and I have 3 minutes of listening to her sing to the car radio.
But some of those calls she swears that she locked her screen...

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
The iPhone screen reacts to heat, so I don't know how that can be happening, unless ofcourse.......so many things come to mind.
It's weird for sure.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
The iPhone screen reacts to heat, so I don't know how that can be happening, unless ofcourse.......so many things come to mind.
It's weird for sure.
i never knew that benny thank's, guess folks should stop carrying there phone in there privates.;)

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Yeah, the guy who sold me the otterbox told me, I couldn't understand how I could use the screen with the thick plastic on top,
I thought it only responded to touch.
So to the OP, something warm is touching the screen. oh god!

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
i think she is trying to say that she keeps her iPhone in her bra and sometimes her boobs are making the false calls. but i could be wrong.
all i have to say with about this topic is "nuts";)
LOL! No, I don't keep my phone in my bra, however, a friend of mine did one day, while cleaning. I got 3 or 4 calls from her, in a row, where I just heard weird noises and nothing else. On the last one I started shouting, she finally heard me and realized what was going on.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Bcwalt

Oct 14, 2012

Whenever you make a call on the iPhone you have to push the start button, slide the arrow right, pick phone, pick contact and push the button to call.

But when my phone is in my pocket it will call someone without me touching it.

Someone tell me how it does this! LOL
This happened to me recently at a party. The phone placed a call to my daughter without me realizing it. I only found out because she called me the next day and mentioned that she could hear people talking in the background. Upon investigation it turns out that with my iPhone4 (running OS6) it is possible to start voice control even when the phone is locked by pressing the Home button to make the "slide to unlock" screen appear and then again pressing and holding the button (without sliding the arrow to unlock the phone).
Lo and behold, voice control is activated. Then, if you or someone nearby speaks the name of one of your contacts, a call will be placed. I can see how this may happen if you sit down repeatedly. Anyway, that's my explanation.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Yup, that will do it. My sister "purse dials" me a lot. Its mainly because she doesn't lock her screen normally, and auto lock is set to never.
It amazes me that someone with a touch screen phone can place so many calls with it in her purse.