iPhone camcorder

iemploy

Bronze
Mar 3, 2009
I've been wanting to use my iPhone as a camcorder or to take small video clips. I can't for the life of me believe that I haven't ran across anything that allows me to do it. Can anyone shed some light?

Mike

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
cycorder, its in cydia. your iPhone needs to be jailbroken. its really is awesome :)

Jul 27, 2007
I agree. And now you can also add an app from Cydia that will allow you to instantly upload the video from your phone to YouTube or email or where ever.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
The app you need from Cydia is PPEnabler, and from appstore you'll need PixelPipe.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The app you need from Cydia is PPEnabler, and from appstore you'll need PixelPipe.
I just searched for it, it looks like it's actually called PPVideoEnabler.

richardya

Silver
Sep 24, 2007
If the 3rd party people can make a video recorder, would it be reasonable to assume that one will be coming out for non-jailbreakers? If not in an update then from the app-store? Or is there some hardware issue I am naive about that would prevent them from wanting this out there?

iemploy

Bronze
Mar 3, 2009
That's kinda what I was looking for too. I use AT&T and kinda like it. I really don't have a reason to jailbrake my phone and hate to do it for one app.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
^just because you jailbreak your phone doesn't mean you can't still use AT&T.

jailbreaking opens it up to 3rd party apps (like video recording, laptop tethering, themes, etc)
unlocking is what allows you to use it with different carriers

HUGE difference....

let me know if you need help jailbreaking

iemploy

Bronze
Mar 3, 2009
Thanks, but I do understand the process and have jailbroke and unlocked a few iPhone before. I just prefer not to have "mine" jailbroke. I'm just anxiously awaiting a 3rd party program on iTunes. I just can't believe no one has come out with one yet.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
well from your previous post it didn't sound like you knew much about it. sounds like you have a perfectly good reason to jailbreak, along with many other reasons waiting in cydia. to each his own though, have fun with your iPhone without video recording :)

iemploy

Bronze
Mar 3, 2009
No worries... I do appreciate your reply and help though.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
That's kinda what I was looking for too. I use AT&T and kinda like it. I really don't have a reason to jailbrake my phone and hate to do it for one app.
heck, the main reason i jailbroke was for cycorder. i don't think i could ever live without it.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
well from your previous post it didn't sound like you knew much about it. sounds like you have a perfectly good reason to jailbreak, along with many other reasons waiting in cydia. to each his own though, have fun with your iPhone without video recording :)
Heck, I'll just take copy & paste and voice turn-by-turn GPS! :laugh2: