iPhone Camera Problems

Apr 15, 2008
Hi,

I have a problem with my iPhone camera. When I hit the camera button, the view on the screen is real blurry. It is a mixture of green and blue colors. It is not clear at all. after sometime it will be fine byitself. Could anyone provide any help how to correct this? Or is this correctable?

Thanks
Manoj Mathew.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'll bet the sensor is going bad or has a bad connection. My old one did that and I had to take it back for a replacement.

Try pinching the phone front to back right at the spot where the camera sensor is. Does that (temporarily) solve the problem?

Apr 15, 2008
I pinched the screen on top right side after turning on the camera it temporarily solved the problem. I am not sure whether Apple will replace it because I had unlocked it.

I'll bet the sensor is going bad or has a bad connection. My old one did that and I had to take it back for a replacement.

Try pinching the phone front to back right at the spot where the camera sensor is. Does that (temporarily) solve the problem?

Apr 15, 2008
Dave,

If it is indeed a censor problem, can it be fixed?

Manoj.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Dave,

If it is indeed a censor problem, can it be fixed?

Manoj.
Apple won't fix it, they'll just replace it. Just have a couple shots on your camera roll to show the problem in case it's not 100% repeatable.

Exchanging a locked phone isn't a problem as long as you restore it as a new iPhone in iTunes first.

Apr 15, 2008
Thanks Dave.

One guy had unlocked it for me. How do I restore it like new using iTunes? Could you give me some instructions?

Manoj.

Apple won't fix it, they'll just replace it. Just have a couple shots on your camera roll to show the problem in case it's not 100% repeatable.

Exchanging a locked phone isn't a problem as long as you restore it as a new iPhone in iTunes first.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thanks Dave.

One guy had unlocked it for me. How do I restore it like new using iTunes? Could you give me some instructions?

Manoj.

plug it into iTunes as normal, on the right hand side of the screen you'll see 2 clickable boxes, one will say update (i think.. not at my computer right now) and the other one will say restore, just click that and don't touch your phone for a few mins, then just follow the on screen prompts!

honestly its very easy, everything will be fine!

Apr 15, 2008
I haven't used iTunes ever. Since I have it unlocked and using it with another carrier, will iTunes work?

plug it into iTunes as normal, on the right hand side of the screen you'll see 2 clickable boxes, one will say update (i think.. not at my computer right now) and the other one will say restore, just click that and don't touch your phone for a few mins, then just follow the on screen prompts!

honestly its very easy, everything will be fine!