iPhone Camera Roll Not Viewable on Windows 7 Laptop

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by iphonewarrior, Feb 14, 2012.

1. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I've recently been given a Win 7 Samsung laptop for work, I have admin rights over the machine as well.

For some reason I can't view the Camera Roll, this causes me a problem as I'm required to take pictures for reporting purposes. As a temporary fix, I've been emailing myself the pictures Or connecting the phone to my MBP and transferring the pictures via USB back to the Win 7 laptop.

Any ideas on why I can't view the Camera Roll? I can see the DCIM folder, but it says there is nothing in there... when I have 400+ pictures stored.

2. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

What about running 3rd party software like iFunBox.....you can view your pics.....?

3. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

When you first plug it in do you get the pop-up AutoPlay window that gives you the option to Import Pictures and Videos?

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

It's an option don't get me wrong, but it doesn't fix the problem I have.

Yes, I see that pop-up. When I click import it says there is no pictures etc.

I'm puddled.

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

When you get that pop up window, have you tried Open folder/ View files? Maybe something with importing them it doesn't like?

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Yep, I've tried that as well.

...this is exactly why I dislike Windows.

7. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

What are you using to see the DCIM folder?

I've always closed/ignored the popup and managed the files like any other external thumb drive.

Maybe enable the two settings to see all hidden files. I think it's under folder options.

Sent from Tapatalk

8. Jon Beezzee

Jon Beezzee New Member

iPhoneWarrior, if you haven't found the answer yet, or if anyone else is searching for the answer like I was, and found a handful of threads that didn't answer your question, it's because your phone is locked when you plugged it in. Disconnect your phone, unlock it, and then connect it again and all should be well. Have a great day!