iPhone camera support horizontal or vertically orientation?

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
that is true, but i don't think that it would be that big of a difference. my 2 MP camera phone has pictures with about a size of 400 KB each which is prett small. the only thing i don't like about having 2 MP is that sinci it is only a didgital zoom, when you zoom in just a little bit, the quality goes way down and becomes sort of pixleated
It kinda depends on which format the pictures are saved in and how much compression is used. Uncompressed jpg or tiff will make much bigger pictures. It makes sense that it would save in slightly compressed jpg. Maybe it will be an option. I imagine a tiff would be several MB in size.

louielu12

Bronze
May 9, 2007
2MG camera should be fine
i agree. y does it even matter for more? if you want to do serious photography, get an actual camera not a phone. basically the only point of a camera is to take contact pictures, remember a moment (in not too good of detail) etc. it isn't for extreme photography. what would u use the camera for n e way?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
i agree. y does it even matter for more? if you want to do serious photography, get an actual camera not a phone. basically the only point of a camera is to take contact pictures, remember a moment (in not too good of detail) etc. it isn't for extreme photography. what would u use the camera for n e way?
All the same things you use the crappy VGA cameras on most cell phones, only these would be much better.

Bootlessjam

Bronze
Apr 15, 2007
I think 2 MP is more than enough, especially since I just got a new Olympus camera which is 6 MP.

I would like it if the iPhone recorded video, since I am always taking vids of my friends doing stupid stuff and I enjoy a bit of film making.

david77

May 20, 2007
Israel
I think 2 MP is more than enough, especially since I just got a new Olympus camera which is 6 MP.

I would like it if the iPhone recorded video, since I am always taking vids of my friends doing stupid stuff and I enjoy a bit of film making.
i don't think you have space in your pocket for both (iPhone & 6 pixel camera) of yours.

The issue of combine a cell phone with a camera is that you allways can take a moments with a device that allways on you anyway. most of us are not professional photographers so 3 pixel photo is the minimum required for taking regular photo and print it. lower than that it not worth it.

also viewing on the amazing iPhone screen a 2 MP picture is sucks! especially when other providers sell in the market devices with much more powerful cameras

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
i don't think you have space in your pocket for both (iPhone & 6 pixel camera) of yours.

The issue of combine a cell phone with a camera is that you allways can take a moments with a device that allways on you anyway. most of us are not professional photographers so 3 pixel photo is the minimum required for taking regular photo and print it. lower than that it not worth it.

also viewing on the amazing iPhone screen a 2 MP picture is sucks! especially when other providers sell in the market devices with much more powerful cameras
How big do you print your pictures? My first stand alone digital camera was 2MP and I printed 8"x10" pictures that looked great. AFAIK, there are no phones that have cameras comparable to a stand alone camera. If you need a high quality picture, a phone camera is not for you.

You still seem to think that more mega pixels = better quality. This is not the case, especially when talking about phone cameras. I highly recommend you read the first post of this thread. Spin This! does an excellent job of explaining the benefits of a 2 MP phone camera.

The camera built into the phone is obviously important to you. You may want to consider other phones. I am sure that there are/will be phones that have better cameras than the iPhone. You have to decide what features are important to you and buy the phone that fits your needs. For me, its the iPhone ;).

Last edited by a moderator:

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I really want a phone that does video. Maybe its just one of those things you want and then when you get it its not as great.

louielu12

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I really want a phone that does video. Maybe its just one of those things you want and then when you get it its not as great.
I am pretty sure it will have video. people (like you and I) would be very dissipointed if it does not have video. It is basically standard these days so it will most likely have it. obviously it isn't meant for great quality, but to shoot your friends doing stupid thigs, it should be perfect! :p

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Yeah what else is a camera for than making friends/relatives/coworkers do embarrassing things they will probably regret and recording them?

reptilexcq

Jun 5, 2007
Apple need to come out w/ a 2nd generation iPhone that have 5.0MP cam, GPS support, replaceable battery, SDcard slot, 3G, ichat, browser w/ flash support, media player (that run and play different video formats when click through browser).

IF they have those stuffs i mentioned above.....they will have the ultimate killer phone!

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
i put my money on the people that say touch screen shutter button phone horizontally like a camera and yes it will have video

david77

May 20, 2007
Israel
Apple need to come out w/ a 2nd generation iPhone that have 5.0MP cam, GPS support, replaceable battery, SDcard slot, 3G, ichat, browser w/ flash support, media player (that run and play different video formats when click through browser).

IF they have those stuffs i mentioned above.....they will have the ultimate killer phone!
I agree with every words of yours!

david77

May 20, 2007
Israel
There is a rumor that Apple canceled the WI-FI from the first version of the iPhone due technical problems.

What do you think?

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis

:rolleyes: