iPhone Camera Viewer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Mar 31, 2007
there is a little adapter for the iPod to allow you to download your digital camera jpegs into the iPod. It is slow but works. I would love to be able to shoot pix with a high megapixel digital camera or video camera and download directly into the new iPhone!

auzburner

Apr 27, 2007
NY
It will work, the iPhone is going to sync with iTunes the same way an Ipod Video does currently. The phone will come with the same 30bit cable, so everything from pics, video and music will work flawlessly.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
I agree. Thye 30-pin dock connector will be the same on the iPhone as on the iPod. "If it works for iPod it will work for iPhone" is a good axiom to follow until proven otherwise.

-K

dafooey

May 8, 2007
I agree. Thye 30-pin dock connector will be the same on the iPhone as on the iPod. "If it works for iPod it will work for iPhone" is a good axiom to follow until proven otherwise.

-K
That is great news! Thanks for the update...this may be just the x-factor I was looking for in deciding to purchase.

May 6, 2007
United States
Yup

It will work, the iPhone is going to sync with iTunes the same way an Ipod Video does currently. The phone will come with the same 30bit cable, so everything from pics, video and music will work flawlessly.
As you said, there has been confirmation that the iPhone connector will be the same as that of the iPod. That allows for older accessories to be used, and the program should work just fine with the iPhone. There may be some compatibility issues to work out, but I think you can count on some good photo transferring ;).

Lol, Auz, we have the same avatar :D

Jun 1, 2007
connections

Do all iPods connect with USB or do newer ones connect with somehting faster? It'd be nice if there was an option for firewire.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Do all iPods connect with USB or do newer ones connect with somehting faster? It'd be nice if there was an option for firewire.
The first iPods were Firewire-only. USB was later supported until it became the default connector. This has a lot to do with the proliferation of USB 2 with its much faster rates. Firewire 400 is arguably faster is still supported. You just need the right cable.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
It would be great if a Firewire 800 cable was sold as an accessory for the iPhone. I just got a FW800 external hard drive for MPB. It is amazing how fast I can transfer data from the internal to the external drive.

caedmon13

Jun 19, 2007
firewire is available for the ipod so it should be there for the iPhone
Just to clarify, FireWire is not available as a means of data transfer on any of the current model iPods, nor will it likely be available on the iPhone. Starting with the first nano, and continuing with the 5th Generation iPods ("iPod with Video") and the 2nd Generation nanos, Apple removed the FireWire chipset. This has mostly to do, I believe, with the fact that the FireWire chipset is MONSTROUS in comparison to the USB chipset, and the majority of iPod owners are on Windows machines which rarely even have native FireWire anyway, so Apple cut the FW chips in favor of slimmer design while maintaining nearly universal compatibility. All iPods (and I'm assuming the iPhone), will still charge using FireWire, but it would be surprising to me if Apple decided to re-install the FW chips into the iPhone for data transfer.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Just to clarify, FireWire is not available as a means of data transfer on any of the current model iPods, nor will it likely be available on the iPhone. Starting with the first nano, and continuing with the 5th Generation iPods ("iPod with Video") and the 2nd Generation nanos, Apple removed the FireWire chipset. This has mostly to do, I believe, with the fact that the FireWire chipset is MONSTROUS in comparison to the USB chipset, and the majority of iPod owners are on Windows machines which rarely even have native FireWire anyway, so Apple cut the FW chips in favor of slimmer design while maintaining nearly universal compatibility. All iPods (and I'm assuming the iPhone), will still charge using FireWire, but it would be surprising to me if Apple decided to re-install the FW chips into the iPhone for data transfer.
Good info! A little bit of knowledge that is new to me. Welcome!

Here's more info: iPod Minimum System Requirements