iPhone camping in Long Island, NY

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I will definitely be among the iPhone campers in Long Island. I'm not sure if I'll go Apple Store or AT&T Wireless. There is an AT&T nearby in Massapequa on Sunrise Highway. If I go Apple Store, it'll probably be Roosevelt Field.

If I decide to go AT&T, I'm going to research to be sure they are corporate owned.

-Chris

mc751n

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
LI Apple Stores - Smithaven Mall, Walt Whitman Mall, Roosevelt Field Mall.. decisions, decisions!

I'm closest to the Smithaven Mall and the Walt Whitman/Roosevelt Field Mall are equidistant from me. I'm still not sure how camping out would work outside of a mall, or if it will even be necessary. With all of the AT&T/Cingular/Apple stores on LI, will there really be that much demand at each store?

I have no idea where I'll go if I decide to go to a(n) AT&T/Cingular store, don't know of any "real" stores, only the weird, sketchy stores.

I'm torn, I want to go to a(n) AT&T/Cingular store because I'm a new customer so I figured it'd be best for me to go there to make sure everything activation-wise goes smoothly. On the other hand, I want to go to an Apple store because it's an Apple phone and I love the atmostphere and the store and everything about it, haha.

This post turned out much longer than I initially thought it would, oh well! We'll have to wait and see what happens, luckily there's still 22 more days to decide. :)

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
LI Apple Stores - Smithaven Mall, Walt Whitman Mall, Roosevelt Field Mall.. decisions, decisions!

I'm closest to the Smithaven Mall and the Walt Whitman/Roosevelt Field Mall are equidistant from me. I'm still not sure how camping out would work outside of a mall, or if it will even be necessary. With all of the AT&T/Cingular/Apple stores on LI, will there really be that much demand at each store?

I have no idea where I'll go if I decide to go to a(n) AT&T/Cingular store, don't know of any "real" stores, only the weird, sketchy stores.

I'm torn, I want to go to a(n) AT&T/Cingular store because I'm a new customer so I figured it'd be best for me to go there to make sure everything activation-wise goes smoothly. On the other hand, I want to go to an Apple store because it's an Apple phone and I love the atmostphere and the store and everything about it, haha.

This post turned out much longer than I initially thought it would, oh well! We'll have to wait and see what happens, luckily there's still 22 more days to decide. :)
I will be at the Apple store in roosevelt field....funny thing though, the mall opens at 10am so does the Apple store.....disadvantage or advantage?...i mean I will be there around 7ish-8ish just to be safe that there isn't a line outside the mall..................

mc751n

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
I was just at the Smith Haven mall today in the Apple store (found out that my powerbook died and I have to go back tomorrow to buy a Macbook Pro, is this turning into an expensive summer or what?) and I had a nice little chat with one of the service ladies. She basically told me to get there EARLY because they're not sure if they're going to get 2 or 200, and they're not going to know until the boxes come in. Awesome, huh? She also said she couldn't wait for the phone go come in to play with it, because she excited to see all of the LITTLE SURPRISES that Apple put in the iPhone that we won't know about until we have them in are hands. Is tomorrow June 29th? :cool:

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
hmmm will the malls be open earlier?

ok... so what time are people getting to the malls. I think i am going to walt whitman in huntington. My friend who is a habitual camper says I need to get there at 6pm on the 28th.... I think that is extreme... any opinions?

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
i don't think there gonna let you camp in the mall....I'll be at roosevelt field mall@ opening time...waste my whole day there...damn...but not a complete waste if I can get my hands on one of the phones......;)

ok... so what time are people getting to the malls. I think i am going to walt whitman in huntington. My friend who is a habitual camper says I need to get there at 6pm on the 28th.... I think that is extreme... any opinions?

Jun 15, 2007
Newsday reporter interested in camping plans on Long Island

Hi,

I am a reporter with Newsday and am interested in hearing about plans to get the iPhones on June 29, including any camping plans or other strategies. Thanks so much to anyone who can give me more information.

Emily Pickrell
emily.pickrell AT newsday.com

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Hi,

I am a reporter with Newsday and am interested in hearing about plans to get the iPhones on June 29, including any camping plans or other strategies. Thanks so much to anyone who can give me more information.

Emily Pickrell
emily.pickrell AT newsday.com
Those interested in discussing with Emily are encouraged to either email the address above or send a PM (personal message).

Thanks!
Chris

BWGrapher

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Guys, I have question.

Hi, all.
I have question.
Actually, I'm living in Flushing, Queens, and I'm planing to camp out one of the Apple Stores.
I'm not gonna be at AT&T stores because I love Apple, not AT&T. Pretty dumb, huh? lol
Anyway, can you guys give me an advice for camping out?
Because this is the first time that I'm gonna camp out.

Q1. Can you give me some advice which Apple Store might me the best one for me? 5th Ave, Garden City, Huntington Station or Smith Heaven Mall? Distance is not a matter for me. The reason that I'm asking this question is the 5th Ave one is the biggest one, so that one might have the most iPhone in NY. However, I think 5th Ave Store might be the most crowded place in NY. Also, it opens 24/7, so people are gonna camp there 28th or 27th. Therefore, I want to know the Apple store which is gonna be less crowded and enough iPhone.

Q2. What time will be the best time for camping out? As I said, I've never been camping out. Therefore, I do not have any idea. Early in the morning on 29th or just take a lunch in my home and leave around 12:00 to 1:00 PM? Can you tell me some idea if you are expert?

Thank you all.