iPhone case reviews

jimwarden

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Belkin Acrylic Case

I got the Belkin clear acrylic case from the AT&T store ($24.99) Friday so I could protect it from the start. I like it very much. Clip on back swivels to prop iPhone up like a picture frame vertically or horizontally. Allows for syncing/charging while in the case.

Jim

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Does anyone know of an iPhone case that will allow you to place it into the dock without having to remove it from the case?

I purchased the InCase Molded Rubber case and I like it, I just don't want to have to remove it from the case if I put it in a dock, iHome player, in car tuner, etc.

Thanks.
The Sena Cases mentioned in the other case thread has some that are supposed to be dockable.
http://www.senacases.com/Brands/apple-iphone-Cases/SENA-DOCKABLE-CASE-FOR-iPHONE;jsessionid=ac112b1f1f43b38d4e53f4644f019b379390e44c46fd.e3eTaxiNaN0Te34Pa38Ta38Mahb0

otto

Jul 2, 2007
Ryukya,

Thanks for the link. That looks like a nice case, but I don't care for the flip style. I'm curious how often that flip protector gets in the way of taking pictures.

Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion. I went through the review area prior to posting. Great looking site you have here. I appreciate the wealth of information.

Otto

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Ryukya,

Thanks for the link. That looks like a nice case, but I don't care for the flip style. I'm curious how often that flip protector gets in the way of taking pictures.

Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion. I went through the review area prior to posting. Great looking site you have here. I appreciate the wealth of information.

Otto
Thanks! Should get better as we get members adding their reviews. My hope is to get real good user feedback in the reviews section. Good luck with your search!

-Chris

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
my case has an opening in the top so I guess you could
a. Turn the phone upside down In the case or
b. Leave it in the case and just put the wire to the bottom of the iPhone

iPhone-Planet

Bronze
Jun 1, 2007
I bought a clear plastic piece of crap at the AT&T store and dropped my phone on the road while crossing a busy street. The damn thing was junk and my arm brushed it lightly and the thing fell apart and crashed to the pavement

MoFetti

Jul 1, 2007
I bought a clear plastic piece of crap at the AT&T store and dropped my phone on the road while crossing a busy street. The damn thing was junk and my arm brushed it lightly and the thing fell apart and crashed to the pavement
Thats the same experience that I had with that Belkin case. The clip doesn't close at all. I would not recommend the case to anyone looking for protection. I ended up going to the Apple store and talked ot the people there. They told me they do not sell the case at the Apple store. I bought a rubber case with holster from them that is great. i'll check the name and brand when i get home.

mactigger

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
InCase Leather Folio - Black

I purchased this case below on launch day at an Apple store. I like horizontal "folio" cases and originally wanted the DLO but they did not have it and I subsequently can't find it in stock anywhere. (If anyone has it please do a review). I only bought it because I didn't want to chance a naked iPhone until I could get the DLO. At first I thought that the case was too tight and it felt awkward to get the iPhone in and out. Well after searching for the DLO I can safely say that the leather on the InCase has stretched a bit and the iPhone has found a home I think. The case really does get better with age. Also of note, the material inside is very soft so I don't think there is a concern for "micro scratches" with the everyday vibration of human movement. I still want to see the DLO but if I end up staying with this one the only thing I would do is cut the little InCase tag off the front. I think it looks a little tacky... The only real con that I have on this case is the belt clip is VERY tight. I tried briefly to bend it out just a little and it's hard. I guess I may try again and put a little more elbow grease into it but as it stands out of the box (at least mine) it's VERY tough to get on your belt/waistband.

InCase picture (Black)
http://www.goincase.com/products/images/ES89018/detail/iPhoneleatherfolioblack1.jpg

Details can be found here:
http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/leather-folio-es89018

Sorry, I don't know how to make these links show an actual picture, maybe the mods can help?

Last edited by a moderator:

spscoral

Jul 3, 2007
I picked up a Griffin, elan snap-in leather case. I really like having the screen visible. Saying that, it is also a dissadvantage as it will be subjected to objects. The case came with a screen protector that went on easy and works fine. Just a little rough when dragging a finger on the screen.

It can be holstered either face out, or in. The problem I've found so far, the phone does not just slide out very easy. By the time I could get the phone out, would be a missed call. With face out, just unclip and start talking.

It can be worn either vertical or horizontal. With my job, it will be subjected to all kinds of bad stuff and this seems to hold the phone pretty secure. It was 20 bucks, overpriced as usual.

iPhone-Planet

Bronze
Jun 1, 2007
I bought that clear acrylic case at the AT&T store and it was junk and kept falling apart. I dropped my phone on the road because of this stupid contraption, or should I say "Cheap" . I barely brushed the case or phone with my arm swing during a walk across a busy street and it came apart and the thing fell to the ground, the clip was down inside my waistband of my pants.
When I bought it I wanted to open it right in the store and use it right away as we were on our way to go car shopping. So the lady at the store opened it up for me and she had trouble getting the two pieces to snap closed good and tight. I did not try it out till we got to our destination and then put it on my pants.
I noticed in the store that if you hold it wrong or squeeze the sides too much or something, it comes apart easily.

Jeff

iPhone-Planet

Bronze
Jun 1, 2007
OK, first off, I want to apologize for complaining about the same case in two different posts here!
Now, I got the Case-Mate this morning and it is awesome! The phone clip button which releases the phone and case from the clip is a little stiff or hard to use at first, but I can live with this. My main concern with this open ended case, is will it fall out when I bend way over to pick something up off the ground.
But the lady at the store said, NO WAY, she showed me how tightly it fit down in the case and I was hooked at that time. It would not fit in the dock with the case wrapped around it, but you just plug it into the laptop or PC at home, or just take it out of the case to charge it.

There may be better cases out there somewhere, but not at the AT&T store unless you like totally enclosing the thing within that case that has a flap and velcro.

DrVest

Jul 3, 2007
This is what I'm waiting for. I sent them an email asking for the release date and they couldn't confirm other than "July".

I have one of their cases for my Nano and it's perfect.

http://www.iskin.com

Johnaldinho

Jun 30, 2007
I got an Incase from the Apple store.

It is really excellent quality for the price. I know its a bit expensive in the u.s but in comparison to what we pay for them in the Uk it really is cheap!

What I am waiting for is one of these babys from Vaja. The quality of these cases is second to none. Ran one on a P990 from Sony Ericsson for a year. Sublime quality. Awesome leather.

Only a few colour options at the moment, but you can two-tone and add text to them as well

http://www.vajacases.com

Last edited by a moderator: