iPhone case reviews

jdick54

Feb 15, 2010
A new adapter available October, 2010 will allow you to dock iPhone4 and iPhone 3G/3GS with slimline cases onto the flat surface docking stations that use interchangeable adapter plates. It also provides improved support to the phones and helps guide the phone onto the connector.

You can view it at www.synthecept.com and see what current test users have said about it.

jdick54

Feb 15, 2010
Sorry but no. As I mentioned, it was for iHome style dock adaptors. What this appears to be is a car style adaptor and there is not room in that adaptor/saddle for any inserts.

mikerc

Sep 30, 2010
Leaving my case on

A new adapter available October, 2010 will allow you to dock iPhone4 and iPhone 3G/3GS with slimline cases onto the flat surface docking stations that use interchangeable adapter plates. It also provides improved support to the phones and helps guide the phone onto the connector.

You can view it at www.synthecept.com and see what current test users have said about it.
I have one now. It's great, more support than the standard dock inserts. It allows me to dock my iPhone and partner's iPod Touch using the same dock station to juice'em up. Both are in cases, I don't want to have to shell out for a new touch or phone because I'm not using a case. Lost my iPhone 3 after 20 months without a case, thankfully my contract was eligible for upgrade. The new iPhone 4 will always have a case now, I did not have a reception problem btw.

I have the Apple Universal Dock and LYCO.

My iPhone 4 in case (13) [256x192].JPG

Ozzie5374

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Country South Australia
Does anyone know of an iPhone case that will allow you to place it into the dock without having to remove it from the case?

I purchased the InCase Molded Rubber case and I like it, I just don't want to have to remove it from the case if I put it in a dock, iHome player, in car tuner, etc.

Thanks.
I've just ordered one of these dock adapters. Any case will now dock.

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/GadgetBoost/items/DockExtender_Boost_iphone_iPad_iPod_Dock_Extender

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

jdick54

Feb 15, 2010
elvinag79 said:
Hey,
I have also reviewed many iPhone 4 cases, as some of Rubber case, Metal case, Laser Cut Chrome Shell , Jelly case ect. But don't find how could you do this:dft008:surprised in rubber case?
to elvinag79

If you are refering to the September 2010 post about the LYCO adapter, you are correct. The LYCO has limitations that the cover/case has to be thinwall or approximately 1.5mm thick.

If you're refering to the post by Ozzie5374 the dock extender lifts the connector above the connector pocket surface by what appears to be a male/female connector device covered in shrink wrap tubing. However, when the phone sits above the connector pocket surface, there is no support to the iPhone, iPod touch or iPods and they can be accidentally knocked off the connector. When that happens, the internal connector of the multi-media device can be damaged.

The LYCO ( www.synthecept.com ) provides support as an extension of the connector pocket surface and also helps guide the multi-media devices onto the connector making it easier to find.

Last edited by a moderator:

jdick54

Feb 15, 2010
adaptive connectors

just a reminder

Without the adaptive connector plate support that is supplied for phones without covers, the internal connector of the multi-media device can be damaged.

The LYCO ( www.synthecept.com ) provides support as an extension of the connector pocket surface and also helps guide the multi-media devices onto the connector making it easier to find.

wiimama

Apr 27, 2011
don't Get Isee For iPhone Case+holster

this iPhone case SUCKS. peace of crap case that is bulky and just not pretty . im taking it back . i don't care about the restocking fee. it is a terrible case . i had 2 and the gel skin case is great .
i gotta agree. way to expensive and it looks so ugly.

Magnolia89128

Mar 18, 2011
I have the wrapsol ultra on my iPhone 4. I really love having my phone naked and protected against scratches and drops all in one. Perfect! $13 on eBay. I've had it on my phone for about a month and I have no issues with it at all. No peeling or anything. I have a crystal case that I don't trust for protection which is why I got the wrapsol in the first place. I take the side strips off when I want to "bling" my phone and put them right back on when I'm done. I will never NOT have a wrapsol on my phone from now on.