iPhone Cases

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I never understood the point of most cases. I mean, the device is encased in plastic anyway, why add another layer?:p

That being said I do like cases that add to the style or functionality of a device. Those cases you made Robhon are fantastic! much better than the silicone cases that will probably flood the market.
Thank you! That was very nice of you to say.

May 31, 2007
wow iPhone cases already, and for a device that doesn't exist yet

lmw

May 31, 2007
the front of the iPhone alone would make me want to get at least a screen protector for it. Wonder if bestskinsever has one made yet...

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
wow iPhone cases already, and for a device that doesn't exist yet
Yeah, well if you think about it, us little guys don't want to get lost in the frenzy of the actual iPhone launch. We have to launch early in order to be seen at all.

amyblack59

May 31, 2007
How about strong padding for us fumble fingers folks?

Does anyone else have trouble with accidentally dropping cell phones? I've found that I have to buy a special case that is stronger than most, I hope the Apple company has thought of us clumsey types!

cobalt24

Bronze
May 31, 2007
Wow, I love the idea of the Proporta case - why cover up the beauty of the iPhone when your case can be clear and aluminum? I hope it actually looks as good when they actually create the product...

slgynn29

Bronze
May 23, 2007
does anyone have any suggestions as to what case would be best for the iPhone? If i got a case like i have for my iPod that is one with an armband i find that it scratches the entire surface...and i deff don't want that to happen to the iPhone...any thoughts?

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
Wow, I love the idea of the Proporta case - why cover up the beauty of the iPhone when your case can be clear and aluminum? I hope it actually looks as good when they actually create the product...
I agree...I'm going to be interested to see what this Proporta case looks like after they take some actual pics of it. I hope these cases become available before the iPhone comes out so I can have it from day #1.

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
How do all these companies make cases when not even some Apple board members can get their hands on this thing?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
How do all these companies make cases when not even some Apple board members can get their hands on this thing?
They pray Apple did a good job in providing correct specs.:eek: I'm sure there are quite a few wood blocks that are spec'ed out similar to the iPhone.:p

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
They pray Apple did a good job in providing correct specs.:eek: I'm sure there are quite a few wood blocks that are spec'ed out similar to the iPhone.:p
I've got it on a couple of "reliable sources" that the dimensions listed on the website are correct within fractions of a millimeter. Plenty good enough for cases.

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
I've got it on a couple of "reliable sources" that the dimensions listed on the website are correct within fractions of a millimeter. Plenty good enough for cases.
Thats pretty risky businesss if cases don't work as planned, no? But I guess the risk is worth it cause I am sure going to buy one!

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Thats pretty risky businesss if cases don't work as planned, no? But I guess the risk is worth it cause I am sure going to buy one!
It's the nature of businesss. Nothing ventured nothing gained. :)

J

jackoD

Leather case

I've also placed my order at <company removed> for my iPhone and got 20% off. I'm a huge fun of leather customized cases and let me tell you that they are crazy customizing leather cases the way a client wants :mad:. I've
<been banned>

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
^ spam ^

gee thanks for the spam....yeah you totally fooled us.
besides that, i have been cautious to the early release stuff as well. :sick:
my advice for protecting it the 1st few weeks home from the hospital ;)....is to get those ipod sock things. they make plenty of colors, they are cheap, and they fit video ipods so im sure they will fit the iPhone. its a stretchable sock.

EricFink

Jun 19, 2007
Not to be rude, but the answer to your question is in the link your provided. It'll be out in July, and will probably be sold at Apple stores and/or ATT.

Last edited by a moderator: