iPhone charged?

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Will it come charged or not, so we can use it without having to wait 9 hours?

captain4004

Bronze
May 2, 2007
Charleston SC
Should come with enough juice to power on and activate but you wanna let it charge fully before making calls and playing with it for any length of time.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Should come with enough juice to power on and activate but you wanna let it charge fully before making calls and playing with it for any length of time.
It'll probably only take the same amount of time you charge an iPod. I don't think you'll need 9 hours.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Don't the MacBooks come pre-charged? I'm going to guess the iPhone comes pre-charged for an optimal out-of-box experience. :laugh2:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Don't the MacBooks come pre-charged? I'm going to guess the iPhone comes pre-charged for an optimal out-of-box experience. :laugh2:
But the iPods don't come pre-charged. I guess we'll find out friday.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
But the iPods don't come pre-charged. I guess we'll find out friday.
Hopefully my wishing the iPhone to be more like a portable computer than a phone/mp3 player will apply here. :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Hopefully my wishing the iPhone to be more like a portable computer than a phone/mp3 player will apply here. :)
Hopefully. It would be a nice surprise when I plug it in to sync it in the At&t store parking lot if the battery indicator popped and said, "fully charged.":laugh2:

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
im thinking 1/3 to 1/2 charged. Maybe more who knows.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Hopefully. It would be a nice surprise when I plug it in to sync it in the At&t store parking lot if the battery indicator popped and said, "fully charged.":laugh2:
How will you activate it in the parking lot? Does your ATT store have wifi nearby?

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
im sure it will come somewhat charged, every phone i have gotten in the past has been
Doesn't your avatar look just like the guy in line at the New York Apple store? Are you him, or just showing his pic?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007

I know the real answer to this question, because I've had the phone for a month, now. Just like every other person on this board.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
i know that charging it first before playing with it improves the overall battery life, but just how much? will the battery life be significantly affected if i start using out o' the box?

thanks.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I have been through a dozen or more new phones and they ALL had at least 20% charge in them

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Like most Apple products, they should come charged. Every iPod and Laptop I have ever bought has come with at least 50% charge. I believe they are charged to at least 75% (prob 100%) at the factory, and what determines how much charge you have when you get it is how long it has been since then.

Really modern Lith-ion (or Lith-poly) batteries don't require the 'first charge' anymore, just charge them until they are full. This is still a hold-over from older batteries (or if companies skimp and go with cheaper batteries)

rhproductions

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Tennessee
I've got a Panera Bread with free wifi next door to our local AT&T store, so I will definatly get the phone, then go next door and activate with a nice bite to eat as well.

rebelace

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Beaumont,Texas
www.thechadburge.com
Really modern Lith-ion (or Lith-poly) batteries don't require the 'first charge' anymore, just charge them until they are full. This is still a hold-over from older batteries (or if companies skimp and go with cheaper batteries)
Quoted for truth I was just about to post this.

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
I hope it's fully charged because I'm getting it, Going home and syncing, then heading to the airport! :/