iPhone charger!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Davedakid

Sep 19, 2010
Hey I don't know if anyone has already posted something like this, but for the past 4 days I've notices that the the charger block gets really hot while connected to my iPhone 4. If anyone has an answer please let me know.

Sep 6, 2010
While I have not had this happen with my iPhone 4 yet, I read on Apples website, that charging your iPhone while in "certain" cases could generate excess heat, which can affect the batteries capacity. If you are using your case while charging your iPhone, take it out of the case the next time you charge it, and see if that helps.....

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Davedakid

Sep 19, 2010
While I have not had this happen with my iPhone 4 yet, I read on Apples website, that charging your iPhone while in "certain" cases could generate excess heat, which can affect the batteries capacity. If you are using your case while charging your iPhone, take it out of the case the next time you charge it, and see if that helps.....

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app
No but it is not my phone that gets hot, it's the charger it's self.

Ozzie5374

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Country South Australia
Hey I don't know if anyone has already posted something like this, but for the past 4 days I've notices that the the charger block gets really hot while connected to my iPhone 4. If anyone has an answer please let me know.
Yeh. My charger gets quite warm too. Same with my wife's phone charger - Nokia. I wouldn't worry.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafey

Lunfai

Bronze
Sep 16, 2010
When I sleep and charge my phone, I'm always worried about it setting on fire, like that guy that posted a melted charger cable and his charger slot (iPhone 4) burnt. I'd be angry if that happened to me, but I only have bumper so excess heat can't be as bad as the back plate being covered up as well.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Davedakid

Sep 19, 2010
elvinag79 said:
Hiya,
Its normal complain of iPhone users:dft008:surprised. though i hate to charge my iPhone 4:sneaky:. when searching on internet for iPhone 4 cases i found best way to protect+ charge my iPhone;).
see i got solar charger case by it I can charge it on when ever i am not using ipone and second i protect it with case too:cool:.
so isn't it 2 in1 bumper offer.:eek:k:eek:k
Really? A case that is a charger? What is it called?

Oct 22, 2012
Hi guys, does anyone know if it is at all possible to design an electronic device so that it can be recharged through either the standard iPhone USB charging cable or even an iPhone docking station? Thanks!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Hi guys, does anyone know if it is at all possible to design an electronic device so that it can be recharged through either the standard iPhone USB charging cable or even an iPhone docking station? Thanks!
Well, of course it's possible. Apple already did it with their army of iPod, iPad, and iPhone devices, as they all use the same cable to charge from.
That changed a little with the new generation of iPod touch, nano, and iPhone, but this new generation still shares the same lightning cable.

Oct 22, 2012
OK, but all of these devices are owned and designed by Apple themselves. I am trying to find out if another company can design a device to be chargeable using these Apple chargers....? Thanks!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
OK, but all of these devices are owned and designed by Apple themselves. I am trying to find out if another company can design a device to be chargeable using these Apple chargers....? Thanks!
That would mean that they have "licensed" the lightning adapter specs and designs to work with for a non-Apple device. It's not very likely.
Honestly, a lightning cable with lightning connectors at either end would be a great way to replace USB, but again, it has to be adopted as an industry standard, and that requires Apple losing its patent and rights to it so that it will become "open source" or shared tech. That will not happen.