iPhone charger!

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Davedakid, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Davedakid

Davedakid New Member

Hey I don't know if anyone has already posted something like this, but for the past 4 days I've notices that the the charger block gets really hot while connected to my iPhone 4. If anyone has an answer please let me know.

2. DeVante

DeVante New Member
    Bronze

Idk why, but mine does this occasionally too

3. Irish Rose

Irish Rose Zealot

While I have not had this happen with my iPhone 4 yet, I read on Apples website, that charging your iPhone while in "certain" cases could generate excess heat, which can affect the batteries capacity. If you are using your case while charging your iPhone, take it out of the case the next time you charge it, and see if that helps.....

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

4. Davedakid

Davedakid New Member

No but it is not my phone that gets hot, it's the charger it's self.

5. Ozzie5374

Ozzie5374 Contributor
    Bronze

Yeh. My charger gets quite warm too. Same with my wife's phone charger - Nokia. I wouldn't worry.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafey

6. Usernam

Usernam Member
    Bronze

Don't worry about it. You should start worrying when the charger gets REALLY hot and/or starts emitting a burning smell. It is normal for chargers to emit a little heat.

7. Lunfai

Lunfai Member
    Bronze

When I sleep and charge my phone, I'm always worried about it setting on fire, like that guy that posted a melted charger cable and his charger slot (iPhone 4) burnt. I'd be angry if that happened to me, but I only have bumper so excess heat can't be as bad as the back plate being covered up as well.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

8. Davedakid

Davedakid New Member

Really? A case that is a charger? What is it called?

9. Cedric Amoyal

Cedric Amoyal New Member

Hi guys, does anyone know if it is at all possible to design an electronic device so that it can be recharged through either the standard iPhone USB charging cable or even an iPhone docking station? Thanks!

10. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

Well, of course it's possible. Apple already did it with their army of iPod, iPad, and iPhone devices, as they all use the same cable to charge from.
    That changed a little with the new generation of iPod touch, nano, and iPhone, but this new generation still shares the same lightning cable.

11. Cedric Amoyal

Cedric Amoyal New Member

OK, but all of these devices are owned and designed by Apple themselves. I am trying to find out if another company can design a device to be chargeable using these Apple chargers....? Thanks!

12. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

A company could but they would have Apple lawyers in there laps before it hit the shelf.

13. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

There are hundreds of chargers out there by different companies.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

14. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

That would mean that they have "licensed" the lightning adapter specs and designs to work with for a non-Apple device. It's not very likely.
    Honestly, a lightning cable with lightning connectors at either end would be a great way to replace USB, but again, it has to be adopted as an industry standard, and that requires Apple losing its patent and rights to it so that it will become "open source" or shared tech. That will not happen.