iPhone Class Action Suit

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
If he wins, could anyone then sue for the same result?
Or would a judge make Apple waive a replacement fee? Would this apply to everyone?

Thatguy

Jul 20, 2007
Another example of how sue-happy people are trying to ruin this nation. Always trying to make an extra buck at someone else's expense.
I'm going to play devil's advocate here, and say that Apple is just trying to make a buck at our expense by sealing the battery inside, requiring us to send it in for a replacement.

I personally don't foresee the battery becoming a huge issue, but only time will tell for sure.

Jul 17, 2007
I'm going to play devil's advocate here, and say that Apple is just trying to make a buck at our expense by sealing the battery inside, requiring us to send it in for a replacement.

I personally don't foresee the battery becoming a huge issue, but only time will tell for sure.
Agreed.

Q1. Will they give you a loaner, and transfer your cantacts while your battery is being replaced?

Q2. What is a businesss man supposed to do when your battery acts up on a road trip?

I believe the lawsuit is the way to go.

Uncle Sam

Jul 28, 2007
South Eastern Coast, USA

my battery is 4 years old in my 30 gig iPod and it still works great. I have only let it run completely down once or twice. I try to always keep a full charge on it at all times. Mostly used in the car. The iPhone will replace it and even though I'm not leaving it in the car and using it like crazy, the battery is stronger than ANY device I've ever owned. I'll have a new iPhone before I need to replace a battery in one. I've never had to replace a battery in any of my other phones before. I know it happens but the odds are against it with my usage habits.

tony3d

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Battery Lawsuit

What do you think of the battery lawsuit? Here are my thoughts, and I know the Apple die hards will hate it.

I can understand a non replaceable battery for the iPod. In fact so far I have bought 6. I don't think this is an acceptable solution for a cell phone. An iPod may not be used everyday. Your much more likely to have to recharge your phone much more often than your iPod. The inconvenience of having to pack it up, drive it to UPS, and wait in line for god knows how long, then wait for days to get it back is simple ridiculous. I would much rather be able to pick up a battery at the Apple store an put it in myself. Not to mention there is no way you would have to pay $85.00 if this was the scenario. I love the phone, but I really believe the GREED factor played a very high roll here. I would even rather bring it to an Apple store, drop it off for an hour or so, and pick it up again later. At least I wouldn't have to be inconvenienced for days. Sorry no matter what people say this aspect of owning the phone flat out sticks!

But it is obvious from the amount of recharge cycles Apple claims the phone to have you could be doing this as early as one year from the day you bought it. Makes no sense to me, other than putting more money in Apples pockets! Think of the money they save by doing this. When will people stop considering these types of corporate schemes as watching out for your best interests be it design aesthetics or what have you, and expose them for what they really are. Greed. How can we make more money on this thing. Like $600.00 wasn't enough. Companies have already thrown service out the window. I'm 54 years old and I'll tell you I miss service. People have forgotten what service was, and the companies love it that way because they save a bundle. When I told my kid there was a day you could drive up to a gas station, and the guy would fill your tank, wash your windows, fill your tires with air, check your oil, and then bring you the credit card machine, he thought I was nuts. To him he just thinks that this is the way things should be. Look I don't mind the price of the phone, I really don't even mind having to pay $85.00 for the battery, even though that is terribly expensive. I guess what I really am disappointed in is that Apple chooses to inconvenience their customer in order to show a higher profit margin rather than giving their customer the simple option of just replacing the battery themselves. Come on folks this is a phone. I know of no other phone on this planet, that does not have a user replaceable battery. I may be getting too old and tired, or just old fashioned, but popping off a cover seems much more desirable to me. Just my 2 cents. I love the phone, I would hate the politics of owning it.

I'm not sure why they did it, but people have to stand up and just say enough is enough, I don't care how wonderful a product is. People have an extreme amount of power as a consumer were just afraid to use it. Companies, and the government love it when where afraid! I guess I'm just over it. Sorry to burst your bubble. Aside from this the phone is a solid, and beautifully executed product. It really is.

howardes

Jul 3, 2007
I'm not sure why they did it, but people have to stand up and just say enough is enough, I don't care how wonderful a product is. People have an extreme amount of power as a consumer were just afraid to use it. Companies, and the government love it when where afraid! I guess I'm just over it.

Could'nt Agree More!

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
regardless if Apple is trying to make an extra buck by making the battery sealed...THIS WAS PUBLISHED INFORMATION!1 his case has no chance in hell. first of all the highlighted part of #13 of his statement is incorrect anyway . its 300 full charge sycles not 300 times plugged into the charger . and it doesn't need replacement after 300 it just loses 20% of its capacity after 300 full charge cycles. he is going to feel very stupid in court.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Agreed.

Q1. Will they give you a loaner, and transfer your cantacts while your battery is being replaced?

Q2. What is a businesss man supposed to do when your battery acts up on a road trip?

wrong...

does Apple give you a loaner ipod and transfer your music to it while your ipod battery is being replaced? and the businesss man on the road trip will have a car charger.... guys the batter doesn't just puff into thin air after 300 charges . use your brains....

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I'm not sure why they did it, but people have to stand up and just say enough is enough...
And the way to do that is to not buy the product. See how a free market works?

You don't sue over a known, disclosed, fact. Worse, you don't sue when there has been no indication of a problem other than speculation. Color me disappointed that there are people out there who think you can sue for anything...

--
Mike

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
guys you are your own problem ....you say you cant stand the battery yet , 300,000 iPhones sold over the release weekend. this was widely known info that the battery was sealed and you bought it anyway . how ignorant do you look , knowing the battery was sealed , buying it and THEN complaining about it. i could care less that the battery is sealed . if i need to replace it then i will.

the lawsuit doesn't hold water . first of all the "victim's" statement is incorrect which will be corrected by Apple lawyers and experts in the courtroom. 300 charges then the battery needs replacing? don't THINK SO! the battery lasts at full capacity 3-400 full charge cycles then drops down to 80% capacity. this is just like every other battery out there .

tony3d

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
And the way to do that is to not buy the product. See how a free market works?

You don't sue over a known, disclosed, fact. Worse, you don't sue when there has been no indication of a problem other than speculation. Color me disappointed that there are people out there who think you can sue for anything...

--
Mike
I agree. I'm just unhappy with Apples greedy tactics. I don't care what people say this phone needs a replacable battery. It simply all amounts to corporate greed, and people just accept it.

brinky

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Yes that is all we need is one more stupid, useless lawsuit. If you think not having a replaceable battery is a bad idea DON'T BUY the product. Lawsuits are not the solution. Not giving a company your money is a much better solution.

brinky

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Agreed.

Lawsuits are not the way to go. Not buying the product or returning it is the way to go.