iPhone cleaning cloth

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
i lost my cleaning cloth, iam pretty angry anyone know where I can get another official iPhone one?

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I didn't think they worked all that well anyway. I bought a pack of 3 12x12 microfiber cloths in the automotive section of Walmart. They work much better.

If you're just stuck on the one that came with the phone, PM me. I'll be glad to send you mine.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
The glasses sock that came with my Oakleys works great for cleaning the smudges off the screen. I've never even taken the iPhone cloth out of the box.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I agree about the sunglass cloth working well. My Rudy Projects came in a microfiber bag that they say to use to clean the glasses. I use it on the iPhone.

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
I didn't think they worked all that well anyway. I bought a pack of 3 12x12 microfiber cloths in the automotive section of Walmart. They work much better.

If you're just stuck on the one that came with the phone, PM me. I'll be glad to send you mine.
wow that's so nice of you, thank you so much.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
No problem, glad to help. I just moved and I know I saw it someplace just recently:) I may need a few days to unpack the box that it's in. PM me the address and I'll get it off to you.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
The glasses sock that came with my Oakleys works great for cleaning the smudges off the screen. I've never even taken the iPhone cloth out of the box.
I did this for a while, actually, I used the sock as the case. I was so anal retentive in the beginning. Now about 6 months since release and the phone being about 4 months old (I had to do a replacement) I just use my shirt, any shirt. My screen has zero scratches, the metal bezel thing is scratched but that is it. So use your shirt!

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
That is funny greenjbhsd, that is the same thing I did. Made sure the counter was clean before I sat the phone down. Carefully wiped it with the microfiber cloth after using it. Kept the dust out from under the edges of the case. Now that I have had the phone for awhile I toss it on the counter, stick it in my pocket with keys and other junk and wipe the screen on my shirt when the fingerprints cover the screen totally.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Other than the chrome, the iPhone takes a beating with no problem! Course I still can't bring myself to take off the Agent 18!

pbrown

Jan 13, 2008
Official Black iPhone Cleaning Cloth

Hi,

I lost my black iPhone cleaning cloth. It bothers me because I want the original cloth that came in the box. If anyone has an extra or is not using theirs, I am interested in purchasing it. If you can help please email me at porschebrown2007@gmail.com.

Thank you,
PB

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
I use the cloth sometimes but mostly just use a shirt or some type if soft cloth. My screen is still good and no scratches anywhere.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
Apple should sell these to the people that like them, i never used mine i was looking for it to ofer it but i don't even know where it is...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I use the shirt I happen to be wearing. Occasionally a random dish cloth.

- John

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
pm me. I have two. I kept the one that came with my 4gig when I traded up for the 8gigger. I'll drop it in an envelope for you tomorrow.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
All you guys who use your shirts; do you breathe on the phones screen to cause condensation first? Because apparently it is bad to do this to devices such the like as the iPhone, PSP, iPod nano 1st gen etc.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I can't say that I breathe onto it first. I never used the cloth that came with the phone, it just seemed to move the smudges around as opposed to actually wiping them off.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
pm me. I have two. I kept the one that came with my 4gig when I traded up for the 8gigger. I'll drop it in an envelope for you tomorrow.

traded up? did you go to Apple to trade up, i have a 4 gig and i want a 8 gig, can i just take it to Apple and pay the difference? thanks