iPhone comment

Jul 10, 2007
After i open my iPhone and try it few tiems last night. i had few comment want to say. It is a very cool phone, but maybe stil is first gene. iPhone. they need to hae a lot of inprovement..

1) The internet is kind of slow when use the data plan. Wifi speed is ok

2) No video recording.

3) Bluetooth only work for pairing headset, cannot transfer data.

4) Interent cannot open some web page. like my bank acct etc.

5) No program for MSN chat. (There is one of there, but it is not on widget. )

6) Cannot transfer/load the sim card contract list back to iPhone. (I need to type it in again.)

7) Need a holder to hold the phoen. It is easy to scretch on the back.

Other then this, it is a good phone so far. hahah.... will discover more later today. :laugh2:

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Did you type all that on your iPhone? I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you just opened it and are learning to type on it. If not, were your eyes closed when your were typing this?

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
Yes we have multiple posts with this same info already, but this

"No program for MSN chat"

is by far my favorite. Why would you think that Apple would have a widget dedicated to MSN = MicroSoft Network, lol.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Did you type all that on your iPhone? I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you just opened it and are learning to type on it. If not, were your eyes closed when your were typing this?
LOL.. I wasn't even that bad when I made my first post from my iPhone.

fitz62

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
After i open my iPhone and try it few tiems last night. i had few comment want to say. It is a very cool phone, but maybe stil is first gene. iPhone. they need to hae a lot of inprovement..

1) The internet is kind of slow when use the data plan. Wifi speed is ok

2) No video recording.

3) Bluetooth only work for pairing headset, cannot transfer data.

4) Interent cannot open some web page. like my bank acct etc.

5) No program for MSN chat. (There is one of there, but it is not on widget. )

6) Cannot transfer/load the sim card contract list back to iPhone. (I need to type it in again.)

7) Need a holder to hold the phoen. It is easy to scretch on the back.

Other then this, it is a good phone so far. hahah.... will discover more later today. :laugh2:
Wow...brand new information..somebody make this a sticky!

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I'm 27, and I have a great life and am fairly successful in most anything I do.
Of course, I didn't actually say anything really "negative", either.
I guess I don't count for this comment. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
I don't like you. :p

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Avoid personal attacks in the forums. Flaming is against EverythingiPhone.com policy. Thank you.

-K

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
Yes we have multiple posts with this same info already, but this

"No program for MSN chat"

is by far my favorite. Why would you think that Apple would have a widget dedicated to MSN = MicroSoft Network, lol.
...says the man with the action figures in his avatar.

There's a GOOGLE MAPS widget. And a stock ticker widget featuring data from YAHOO. And a YOU TUBE widget. Last time I checked, none of these were owned and/or operated by Apple. Apple isn't stupid - they know that the majority of their businesss is going to come from dedicated MS users. They'll have to cater to them at some point, and in many ways they already have. While I doubt Apple would ever have a specific MSN Chat widget, I'd like to think they could have a more generic chat widget available at some point that users could customize for whichever chat service(s) they subscribe to.

DeathBySnuggles

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Tampa, Fl
Forum Etiquette

1 - Lurk before you post: Read what others have posted and have replied with. Great way to get to know what's out there, what's already common knowledge, what's popular discussion, where resources are coming from etc.
2 - Have a question? Search is your friend: use the search feature before posting a new thread. There are several how to threads, discoveries, easter eggs, etc. If after searching you find nothing about what your question is, then post away.
3 - Think about your post before you post it: Does your post add value to the community? Will it help others in some way? Is it something that more people than just you will find interesting? If you've answered no to any of these questions, do a funny dance, video yourself doing something idiotic and post it on youtube, do whatever you want EXCEPT post your thread.
4 - Proofread your post: Especially a first post. Do you really want people thinking you are trying to gather information about a fairly complex piece of electronics despite appearing to have the langauge skills of a 2 year old hyped up on Fun Dipp and Pixie Stix? Make your post easy to read and as free of mistakes as possible. Spelling and grammar checks are available anywhere. Notice the red line under the word you just typed here? Guess what? You spelled it wrong.
5 - Make your subject line a preview of your post content: Nobody wants to thumb through every post to understand what they're about. "iPhone" = BAD. "iPhone Question" = BAD. "Question about the browser" = getting better but still not good. "Question about opening multiple pages in the browser" = WINNER

As for your second remark... Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
Apparently you just have a problem with everything, in the words of Artie Lang "waaaaaaah.
And by the way Apple and google have been partners for a while now, Apple and Yahoo guess what they're partners, and heres the last shocker Apple and YouTube have a partnership as well, before you start flaming people with your comments do some research.

And by the way whats the big deal of action figures in a Avatar thats Jay and Silent Bob....Jersey Represent, oh yes and F the RedSox!

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
Avoid personal attacks in the forums. Flaming is against EverythingiPhone.com policy. Thank you.

-K
I'm getting awfuly tired of reading post after post on this forum of people being ridiculed for:

1. Asking questions typical of new users.

2. Not searching for information which can only be found many pages back in discussion.

The first SIX replies in this thread were nothing more than people being sarcastic and critical to a new member for posting what they thought were solid discussion points. Before this place turns into a complete joke, I would respectfully request that the moderators practice some consistency in the way that they police posts. It doesn't seem right that my post would be deleted for sticking up for someone, yet the previous half dozen posts were allowed to poke fun at a new member.

Kick me off if you want. But I'm pretty sure you're going to have a hard time retaining existing members or gaining new ones unless the overall level of maturity on this site improves. I only hop on here a few times a day to look for good, new information and discussion...not to see a bunch of people take pot-shots at those who don't spend every waking moment on this site.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
Apparently you just have a problem with everything, in the words of Artie Lang "waaaaaaah.
And by the way Apple and google have been partners for a while now, Apple and Yahoo guess what they're partners, and heres the last shocker Apple and YouTube have a partnership as well, before you start flaming people with your comments do some research.

And by the way whats the big deal of action figures in a Avatar thats Jay and Silent Bob....Jersey Represent, oh yes and F the RedSox!
Last time I checked, MS makes an Office suite for Apple. And Apple computers are now built with hardware & have available software which allow them to run MS operating systems. I'm not pretending that they have a beautiful working relationship (anyone who has ever watched an Apple vs. PC commercial can plainly see that), but the crossover is inevitable. I just didn't see it as being quite the outrageous question that you obviously did.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Isn't it too bad you have to wade through multiple pages of posts that are just long, re-hashed questionnaires about the same stuff most of us have known since mid to late January, when you do sit down for those few, precious moments?
:cool:

Jul 10, 2007
California
myspace.com
Isn't it sad that the person who posted this thread in the first place hasn't posted anything else on this thread ...

The way you people act are so rude, I don't understand it, maybe he didn't look through the other posts that have the same exact issues in it, but he's new! It also doesn't mean you have to ridicule him like that, it's childish & rather high school. Telling him NICELY that there are many posts on this already is understandable, but commenting how he is typing is completely unnecessary, and it doesn't even relate to the issue at hand.

Just my two cents though.

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
just wanted to point out that although i mostly agree with your points about new users and replies to their new threads, thread hijacking is equivocally looked down upon.

im fairly certain the majority of people here, if not all peeps, that thread hijacking is a generally accepted no-no among all forums, including this one.