iPhone compatibility with Acura

SierraJohn

May 6, 2008
Nevada City, CA
Hi,

This is my first post and i am sure the subject has been addressed before. I looked through the forum and could not find anything. I have had my iPhone for 3 weeks and have not been able to get my 2006 Acura TL to recognize it so I can use the Bluetooth function. It worked fine with my Treo before. I checked with Apple and it is supposed to be compatible. Has anyone solved this problem?

SierraJohn

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
i have acura 07 rdx and cant figure out password to log in to bluetooth with car so i have no clue if it will work. do you know how to reset password

SierraJohn

May 6, 2008
Nevada City, CA
Acura Password

i have acura 07 rdx and cant figure out password to log in to bluetooth with car so i have no clue if it will work. do you know how to reset password

I don't think it has anything to do with a password. When you do the car setup it asks you for a password. I used 4 numbers line a PIN and that part worked fine. It was when the car was searching for the phone that it could not find it. And the phone Bluetooth was on and in "discoverable" mode. After about 10 minutes the car gave up and said it could not find a device.

John

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
I pair my iPhone with our cars on a daily basis (demo drives) and have no problems. I would try calling the HFL customer service line for assistance.

Tony, the passcode can be reset by a dealer, but I believe it requires a visit and you will probably lose any phonebook entries.

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
It should be fine, usually if it asks for a password (pin) its always 0000 on occasion its 1111 or 1234 but 90% of the time is 0000 unless you change it.