iPhone compatibility

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

d00d

Dec 7, 2007
hello,
i would like to use the iPhone bought from US in india. do you think there are any compatibility problems for using iPhone from one country to another?

Or is the iPhone specs same all around the world?

thanks
d00d

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
hello,
i would like to use the iPhone bought from US in india. do you think there are any compatibility problems for using iPhone from one country to another?

Or is the iPhone specs same all around the world?

thanks
d00d
there wouldn't be any problem. Simply unlock the iPhone and put in your simcard. Better, buy the iPhone from France where you can get it unlocked "properly" so to speak.

theotherallen

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
yes, in most cases they can be stolen.

but the real risk lies in what do you do if/when something goes wrong. search around the forum, there's a thread about a guy who bought his iPhone from ebay, activated legit on AT&T and AT&T is screwing him up the ass at the moment. buy it legit unlocked in france... it's your best bet.

d00d

Dec 7, 2007
Urgent!

I am traveling to Strasbourg this Saturday just to buy my iPhone(unlocked without contract). Do you think its available in the stores there. Also let me know if there are any price differences there..! and i hope they give the unlocked iPhones without asking for any address proof within france because i stay in germany.

Thanks

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I am traveling to Strasbourg this Saturday just to buy my iPhone(unlocked without contract). Do you think its available in the stores there. Also let me know if there are any price differences there..! and i hope they give the unlocked iPhones without asking for any address proof within france because i stay in germany.

Thanks
Lucky you. Strasbourg is such a beautiful city. You should check out the Xmas market there, it's awesome!
If you buy just the phone, without any plan, I'm pretty sure they won't ask for a mailing address, so you're fine!

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Lucky you. Strasbourg is such a beautiful city. You should check out the Xmas market there, it's awesome!
If you buy just the phone, without any plan, I'm pretty sure they won't ask for a mailing address, so you're fine!
You still have to buy the plan, even if you're buying it unlocked - in which case you have to pay another 100 euro on top ... I think that's the case

d00d

Dec 7, 2007
?

so all in all i pay 749 euros rite? or "does buying the plan" mean that i have to pay the monthly charges for next 6 months. because i am flying back to india next month..

d00d

Dec 7, 2007
finally..

i got my iPhone from strasbourg. I activated it without probs. But now how to unlock it..! I am not able to create an iTunes account because i don't have a french credit card. Does any one know if I need to have a french iTunes account to unlock the iPhone from france? Or is it ok if i create one for example from Germany? please help me..!