iPhone Contact help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wendycat, Apr 13, 2012.

1. wendycat

wendycat New Member

I need help, I am a new iPhone4S user.... previously I was keeping all my contacts on a lame 'ol excel spread sheet. I am now ready to upgrade.... I wanna put all my contacts from my excel sheet into my phone contacts as well as my contacts from my three other email accounts and then group them together by work, scouts businesss family, friends.... Is there an app where I could just cut and paste all the info into a sync-able app my computer the sync it to my phone? Its gonna take me hours to retype everything into the iPhone.....

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Are you on a Mac or PC? Thinking there has to be an import .CSV option on a desktop app. You could export each grouping from Excel, import into [Contacts app] and create a group based on that import. Rinse and repeat until all of your contacts have been imported. Then sync to your iPhone.

Address Book on the Mac supports importing via .CSV. I'd imagine Outlook supports this as well.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I was thinking along the same lines as Chris. And yes, Outlook does support the .csv format.